Space Cowboy was a 7-panel Star Trek: The Original Series comic strip, the second of two stories released by Kenner in 1974. The story was told on slides projected onto a wall using Kenner's Give-A-Show Projector toy. In this story, the USS Enterprise helped a doomed freighter.
Spock detected a freighter in distress heading into the path of a meteor. Since the vessel's navigation was jammed, James T. Kirk assisted them in an environmental suit with a jetpack. He lassoed the vessel with a length of titanium cable. The Enterprise used the cable to drag the freighter out of the way of the meteor. Spock commented that the famous cowboy Buffalo Bill couldn't have done it better.
- James T. Kirk • Leonard McCoy • Spock • unnamed Humans (freighter pilots)
- Referenced only
- Buffalo Bill
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Science and technologyEdit
Ranks and titlesEdit
- assignment patch • bridge • cowboy • meteor • rope • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (2265-2270) • titanium
|TOS comic strips |
Kenner Comic Strips
- Included in the Give-A-Show Projector, Blue Box, slide 97-000 (Kenner)
- Included in the Give-A-Show Projector, Purple Box (Kenner)
- September 2017
- Reprinted in the omnibus The Classic UK Comics, Volume 3 (IDW Publishing)
- TOS comic: "A Pill Swallows the Enterprise" – The USS Enterprise was encased by an unknown substance that protected the ship from the impact of a giant meteor.