- For other uses, see Spica.
Details[edit | edit source]
This binary star was visible from Earth, 260 light-years distant, as part of the constellation of Virgo. At coordinates 0.35N 0.12E, Spica occupied the far reaches of 23rd century Federation space, situated towards the galactic core. Spica consists of two type B blue stars and was the location of a number of planets, including ninth planet Spica IX. (FASA RPG module: The Federation; TOS novel: The Klingon Gambit; ST reference: Star Charts)
- Spaceflight Chronology noted six planets in the system.
- No history or specifics are established for this location in Starfleet Command III, as its name was arbitrarily selected for a Federation system on the game map by the game software, with random attributes.
The system was first explored by the Federation in the late 22nd century by the Placido-class starship USS Icarus II. The ship's CO and doctor made first contact with the Canaris on second planet Spica II. The crew rated third planet Spica III as potentially habitable, and planets 1, 4, 5 and 6 as uninhabitable. (ST reference: Spaceflight Chronology)
System makeup[edit | edit source]
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Connections[edit | edit source]
|Stars, systems and objects of the Virgo constellation|
|59 Virginis • 61 Virginis • 70 Virginis • Alpha Virginis (Spica) • Beta Virginis (Zavijava) • Epsilon Virginis (Vindemiatrix, Dessica) • Gamma Virginis (Porrima) • Iota Virginis (Syrma) • Mu Virginis • Phi Virginis • Rho Virginis • Zeta Virginis (Heze)|
|Alpha and Beta Quadrant stars and star systems (J)|
|Jalidor Lambda • Jaros • Jassan • Jaunya • Jenshahn • Jericho 1 • Jinnia • Jinoteur|
|Alpha Quadrant stars and systems (J)||Jezerek|
|Beta Quadrant stars and systems (J)||Jouret • Juris Canopus • Justarus|
References[edit | edit source]
- TOS novel: The Klingon Gambit
- ST reference: Star Charts
- ST reference: Spaceflight Chronology
- FASA RPG module: The Federation
- FASA RPG module: Trader Captains and Merchant Princes