- This article is about the DC Comics story. You may be looking for the Split Infinite, a spacial anomaly.
Split Infinities was part one of the two-part Convergence story arc, a crossover between The Original Series and The Next Generation involving Gary Seven. The first half of the story was printed in DC Comics' sixth and final TOS Annual in 1995.
Summary[edit | edit source]
- Captain's log, stardate 8812.1. The Enterprise is en route to Starbase 40 for rendezvous with starships Endeavor and Copernicus.
Captain Spock's briefing about an improved Romulan cloaking device is interrupted by a high-powered transporter beam hitting the deflectors. Kirk allows it through, and Gary Seven materializes on the bridge. Before he can finish warning them that Spock is in danger, a Devidian materializes on the bridge, kills Seven and dematerializes with Spock.
- Captain's log, supplemental. We've informed Starbase 40 that our arrival will be delayed while we investigate the attack on the Enterprise, the murder of Gary Seven... and Spock's disappearance.
The Enterprise gains more visitors: Senior Supervisor Exana and her cat Nova, Seven's allies. Exana explains that she and Seven are acting against orders from their overseers, the Aegis, by contacting the crew of the Enterprise. She says that Devidians are using time travel to kidnap significant historical figures and aiming to destroy the Federation, which convinces Kirk to head for the Devidian system.
In the year 2371, in an alternate reality created by the time tampering, Ambassador Sybok celebrates progress towards the Unification movement with his close friends Commander Data and Captain Jean-Luc Picard aboard the USS Enterprise-D. But Guinan intuitively feels that time had been altered. An intruder suddenly materializes behind Data in Ten-Forward and kidnaps him.
- (USS Enterprise-D) Captain's log, supplemental. Commander Data has been taken by an unidentified intruder. Until facts indicate otherwise, we are proceeding under the assumption that Data is alive. Due to the nature of our mission, and proximity to the Neutral Zone, we must consider the possibility that the Romulans may be responsible.
Triolic energy signatures lead William T. Riker and Geordi LaForge to conclude that the Devidians have taken Data. After Guinan tells Jean-Luc Picard that time is continuing to be altered, he orders the ship to divert immediately to the Devidian system at maximum warp.
Meanwhile, imprisoned within a large force field and crates of supplies on a barren planet are Spock, Romulan General Tellius, John Harriman and new arrival Data, who recognizes the others from historical records.
References[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Pavel Chekov • Beverly Crusher • Data • Eram • Exana • Guinan • John Harriman • James T. Kirk • Geordi La Forge • Leonard McCoy • Nova • Jean-Luc Picard • William Riker • Saavik • Montgomery Scott • Gary Seven • Spock • Sybok • Tellius • Deanna Troi • Nyota Uhura • Worf • unnamed USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-A) personnel (helmsman • navigator) • unnamed USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D) personnel (transporter chief)
- Referenced only
- Isis • Sarek • Sela
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Devidian system • Romulan Neutral Zone
- Referenced only
- Devidia II • Earth • Genesis Planet • Khitomer • Romulus • San Francisco • Starbase 40 • Vulcan
Starships and vehicles[edit | edit source]
- USS Enterprise-A (Constitution-class) • USS Enterprise-D (Galaxy-class) • Jarok-class scout
- Referenced only
- USS Copernicus • USS Endeavor • USS Enterprise-B
Races and cultures[edit | edit source]
States and Organizations[edit | edit source]
Science and technology[edit | edit source]
- cloaking device • deflector • phaser • sensor • shield • technology • transporter beam • triolic wave • viewscreen • weapon
Ranks and titles[edit | edit source]
- ambassador • captain • commander • diplomat • doctor • Federation Starfleet ranks (2270s-2350s) • Federation Starfleet ranks (2370s-2380s) • general • lieutenant • lieutenant commander • negotiator • Number one • science officer • security officer • senior officer • senior supervisor • special envoy • technical advisor • transporter chief
Other[edit | edit source]
- 2162 • 2311 • android • bagpipes • beam • bridge • briefing room • cat • century • cholera • Earth-Romulan War • evolution • extinction • history • horse • lifeform • logic • maximum warp • neural energy • newspaper • parasite • plague • red alert • rhinoceros • San Francisco Gazette • sickbay • sigil event • Starfleet uniform (2278-2350s) • Starfleet uniform (2366-2373) • temporal distortion • Ten-Forward • time • time travel • time stream • Tomed Incident • torpedo • Treaty of Algeron • Unification movement • warp two • year
Information[edit | edit source]
- The story continues in "Future Imperiled".
Connections[edit | edit source]
The Dream Walkers
|TOS comics DC Annuals||Next story:|
Last in series
A Bright Particular Star
Michael Jan Friedman
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next adventure:|
|The above chronology placements are based on the primary placement in 2291.|
The Memory Beta Chronology places events from this story in 1 other timeframe(s):
The Name of the Cat
Strange New Worlds IV