Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.
- Star Trek: Discovery follows the voyages of Starfleet on their missions to discover new worlds and new lifeforms, and one Starfleet officer who must learn that to truly understand all things alien, you must first understand yourself.
The announcement of the series in press release announced only the initial format and did not describe any setting or subtitle for the show, which will be the first televised Star Trek series to be released in over a decade. Subsequent press for the show has named VOY and DS9 writer-producer Bryan Fuller as the showrunner, Rod Roddenberry as a producer and director-writer Nicholas Meyer as a member of the writing staff.
In July 2016, a new trailer for the series debuted for Comic-Con, showing the new USS Discovery (NCC-1031) and the title of the show, with showrunner Fuller teasing that the show would take place in an unspecified era of the original Star Trek timeline.
After the successful completion of the first season in 2018, plans went underway for a second season, slated to premiere in early 2019. In the interim, Discovery's first spin-off was announced, a series of episodic vignettes entitled Short Treks.
|Star Trek: Discovery episodes|
|season 1||chapter 1||"The Vulcan Hello" • "Battle at the Binary Stars" • "Context Is For Kings" • "The Butcher's Knife Cares Not for the Lamb's Cry" • "Choose Your Pain" • "Lethe" • "Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad" • "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum" • "Into the Forest I Go"|
|chapter 2||"Despite Yourself" • "The Wolf Inside" • "Vaulting Ambition" • "What's Past Is Prologue" • "The War Without, The War Within" • "Will You Take My Hand?"|
|season 2||"Brother" • "New Eden" • "Point of Light" • "An Obol for Charon" • "Saints of Imperfection" • "The Sounds of Thunder"|
- The Light of Kahless (IDW Publishing)
- "Discovery 2018 Annual"
- ↑ Roddenberry added to new TV series team on StarTrek.com.
- ↑ TrekCore coverage of Discovery trailer.
- ↑ James Frain Joins Discovery As Sarek