|This article or subsection has an associated category.||DSC season 1|
History[edit | edit source]
Star Trek: Discovery season 1 premiere DSC episode: "The Vulcan Hello" was released on 24 September 2017 on the CBS All Access viewing service alongside a traditional television broadcast on the CBS network. This episode was written by Bryan Fuller, Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman and directed by David Semel. This episode was the first original Star Trek television production by CBS, and the first Star Trek episode in 12 years following the finale of Star Trek: Enterprise in 2005, and the last Star Trek episode to be broadcast on American television. "Battle at the Binary Stars", the second episode, was released immediately after, exclusively on CBS All Access. The second episode was the first Star Trek episode which was not broadcast (in the USA) in any manner, made available for streaming service subscribers only. In Canada, this episode was broadcast on SPACE immediately following "The Vulcan Hello". Overseas viewers had the episodes available to them on Netflix.
The first season was produced in two "chapters" with a hiatus between. Following the two pilot episodes, the first chapter was a seven episode introduction to the ship and major cast members, while the second chapter comprised six episodes focused on the mirror universe, with a return to resolve the first chapter's storyline in the finale episodes.
Episodes[edit | edit source]
- "The Vulcan Hello" (premiere)
- "Battle at the Binary Stars" (premiere continuation)
- "Context Is For Kings" (beginning of first "chapter")
- "The Butcher's Knife Cares Not for the Lamb's Cry"
- "Choose Your Pain"
- "Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad"
- "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
- "Into the Forest I Go" (midseason finale)
- "Despite Yourself" (chapter 2 premiere)
- "The Wolf Inside"
- "Vaulting Ambition"
- "What's Past Is Prologue"
- "The War Without, The War Within"
- "Will You Take My Hand?" (finale)