- 1 Description
- 2 Contents
- 3 References
- 4 Appendices
- Storytelling isn't easy…
- … especially in a universe this big.
- Any Star Trek game session is only as good as the narrator who runs it. In the Star Trek: The Next Generation Roleplaying Game, the narrator acts as director, producer and writer, in addition to playing the roles of the entire supporting cast. While this may seem daunting at first, don't despair; many players find it to be the most challenging and rewarding part of the game. Final Frontier: The Narrator's Toolkit is designed to make your life as a narrator a little easier.
- Packed with storytelling hints and design tricks, Final Frontier: The Narrator's Toolkit gives you all the tools you need to create larger-than-life adventures in the final frontier. It includes:
- In-depth discussion of what makes a game feel like Star Trek, including detailed entries on common themes.
- Expanded sections on story and adventure design, including sections on advanced storytelling devices and troupe-style play.
- Tips for running your own Star Trek: The Next Generation RPG series, including discussions on converting existing episodes and supporting cast into game terms.
- A complete, ready-to-run adventure -- "Hide and Q" -- based on the television episode of the same name, that ties all of the concepts together.
- An indispensable resource for experienced and novice Narrators alike, let Final Frontier: The Narrator's Toolkit take your Star Trek: The Next Generation games to the next level.
- Narrator's Advice
- Advanced Storytelling
- Hide & Q
- Hide & A
Starships and vehicles
- USS Argonne • HMS Bounty (B'rel-class Klingon bird-of-prey) • USS Carter • El-Baz (type-15 shuttlepod) • USS Excelsior (Excelsior-class cruiser) • USS Farragut (Nebula-class cruiser)
Races and cultures
States and organizations
- Cardassian Union • Central Command • Federation • Klingon Defense Force • Klingon Empire • Romulan Imperial Fleet • Romulan Star Empire • Starfleet
Science and classification
Materials and substances
Technology and weapons
Ranks and titles
- captain • chief engineer • commander • commanding officer • engineer • ensign • Federation Starfleet ranks • Federation Starfleet ranks (2366-2373) • first officer • flight controller • gul • lieutenant • lieutenant commander • officer • operations manager • second officer • security • security chief • subcommander
- boot • clothing • jacket • pants • races and cultures • rank • science • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (2366-2373) • title • tunic • uniform