Star Trek 101: A Practical Guide to Who, What, Where, and Why is a Reference book that serves as introduction to the Star Trek universe. It featured episode guides for the TV series and films. In addition, it also had descriptions of notable ships, species, places and characters in the Star Trek universe.
Description[edit | edit source]
- In the future, a heroic captain and his crew explore the Galaxy in a really fast spacecraft. The crew's standing orders are:
- "…to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before."
- Simple, straightforward – that's Star Trek. So what's all the fuss? Why do news crews always seem to find someone, somewhere dressed up in a Star Trek costume? What could be so interesting to so many people?
- Star Trek 101 is the answer. You'll learn just a little about the heroes (Captain Kirk believes that man wasn't meant to live in paradise), the villains (Klingons have a thirst for conquest), and the important aliens (Vulcans live their lives by logic). In the handy recaps for all things Star Trek, you'll discover that the television shows and movies run the gamut from action-adventure to comedy. Just want to sample? The ten essential episodes are offered for your consideration. Star Trek 101 is a quick primer of the television shows and movies that carry the Star Trek name.
References[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- James T. Kirk • Spock • Leonard McCoy • Montgomery Scott • Nyota Uhura • Hikaru Sulu • Pavel Chekov • Arex Na Eth • Shiboline M'Ress • Jean-Luc Picard • William T. Riker • Data • Worf, son of Mogh • Geordi La Forge • Deanna Troi • Beverly Crusher • Benjamin Sisko • Odo • Ezri Dax • Julian Bashir • Jadzia Dax • Jake Sisko • Miles O'Brien • Quark • Kira Nerys • Kathryn Janeway • Chakotay • B'Elanna Torres • Kes • Tom Paris • Neelix • The Doctor • Tuvok • Seven of Nine • Harry Kim • Jonathan Archer • Phlox • T'Pol • Malcolm Reed • Travis Mayweather • Hoshi Sato • Charles Tucker III
Starships & Vehicles[edit | edit source]
- USS Enterprise (Constitution-class) • USS Enterprise-A (Constitution-class) (Enterprise-subclass refit) tactical command cruiser) • USS Enterprise-D (Galaxy-class) • USS Enterprise-E (Sovereign-class) • USS Defiant (Defiant-class) • USS Voyager (Intrepid-class)