Although previous volumes were released by World Distributors Limited, the 1981 edition of the series was licensed by Marvel Comics/Grandreams Limited to reprint Marvel's adaptation of TOS comic: "The Motion Picture".
The title Star Trek: The Motion Picture was printed on the book cover and title page, rather than the "Star Trek Annual" title previously seen in the series. The interior artwork was printed in very high resolution on white paper.
- "The Motion Picture"
- The USS Enterprise: Personal Read-Out (article)
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture: The Production (article)
- The Enterprise Computer: Random Read-Out (article)
- This movie adaptation was first released in magazine form in Marvel Super Special, Issue 15 in December 1979. It was subsequently serialized in April – June 1980 as the first three issues of Marvel Comics' first series of Star Trek comics. It was also reprinted as a pocket-sized trade paperback and later included in IDW Publishing's Movie Omnibus.
- This volume did not include the serialized adaptation's teaser pages for the second and third issues.