The Star Trek Video Communicator was a toy included with McDonald's Happy Meals in 1979 to promote TOS movie: The Motion Picture. The plastic communicator could scroll five comic strips of eight panels each. Each installment concluded with "Thus ends another chapter in the saga of the USS Enterprise." In each strip, the Enterprise is depicted in its pre-refit configuration, while the crew is depicted in their post-refit uniforms. These strips were reprinted on page 263 of The Newspaper Comics, Volume 1.
- 1 Stories
- 2 References
- 3 Appendices
#1 - "Star Trek Stars"
- This comic was a brief introduction to the Enterprise, its crew, and its mission.
#2 - "A Pill Swallows the Enterprise"
- Captain Kirk is awakened from sleep and informed that the Enterprise has been enveloped in a capsule.
#3 - "Time. And Time. And Time Again."
- Kirk and Spock prepare to beam Nyota Uhura down to the planet Turages. The equipment malfunctions, and she materializes in 172 billion BC, confronted by a gigantic beast.
#4 - "Votec's Freedom"
#5 - "Starlight, Starfright"
- On a viewscreen, Kirk shows McCoy subplanet 897-JOJ. McCoy is then abducted by transporter and is informed that a Doctor is needed for experiments.
- Pavel Chekov • Willard Decker • Ilia • James T. Kirk • Leonard McCoy • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Nyota Uhura • Votec
- Referenced only
Starships and vehicles
Races and cultures
States and organizations
Science and technology
Ranks and titles
- captain • chief engineer • chief medical officer • commanding officer • doctor • executive officer • Federation Starfleet ranks (2270s) • first officer • lieutenant • navigator • rank • Starfleet ranks
- 172 billion BC • 1940 • 17,000 AD • animal • assignment patch • baseball • baseball bat • brain • bridge • Captain's log • communicator • command ship • life • meteor • moon • planet • quarters • solar system • star • Starfleet uniform (early 2270s) • starship • time • time travel • transporter room • year
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture McDonald's Happy Meal Comic Adaptations - Additional comics strips provided on the boxes of the Star Trek Meals themselves.
- Larami Comic Strips and Kenner Comic Strips – Other comic strips series which were read through a toy viewer.