"Stowaway" was the first issue of Malibu Comics' 1993 series of DS9 comics, released in August 1993. The issue consisted of 24 pages of story, written by Mike W. Barr and edited by Tom Mason. The art was penciled by Gordon Purcell and inked by Terry Pallot, with Kara Lamb credited as assistant editor.
A strange mold is discovered on the station.
- Julian Bashir • Jadzia Dax • Skrain Dukat • Elim Garak • Hawley • Johnson (Captain) • Kira Nerys • Morn • Nog • Keiko O'Brien • Miles O'Brien • Odo • Quark • Benjamin Sisko • Jake Sisko • Josiah Wembley
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
- atmosphere replicator • carbon dioxide • chess • holo arcade • humanoid • lifeform • mold • Odo's bucket • oxygen • space station • transporter • tricorder • turbolift • uniform
- The story is continued in Stowaway, Part II.
- The stardate given in this story actually predates the DS9 series pilot ("Emissary"), but dialogue-references in the issue place this story not long after the events of "Q-Less" (when an artifact from the Gamma Quadrant nearly destroyed the station).
- This issue is a notable early example of the practice of releasing a variant cover, in this case a photo variant. Besides the regular illustration by Jerome Moore and Richard Ory, a collectible variant with a publicity photo of the cast was also released.
| Deep Space Nine|
#2: Stowaway, Part II