Originally promoted as the final short story collection in the series, Simon & Schuster announced in 2015 that the format would return with Strange New Worlds 2016, published to coincide with the fiftieth anniversary of the franchise.
- Ambassador Sarek meets his future wife. Captain Ransom atones for his sins. T'Pol pursues a composer, after she is captivated by the human's music. Strands of DNA are woven together from four Starfleet captains, creating one man with one mission. An entity fights for its right to live, despite the fact that it is not alive.
- From the ordinary to the extraordinary, all of these stories are embraced by the vision of Star Trek.® When Gene Roddenberry created Star Trek, he also tapped a wellspring of human imagination. Viewers were transformed into fans, who embraced the show and turned the definition of fan on its ear. However, when what was on the screen was simply not enough, fans started writing their own stories, which they then shared among friends and family.
- Ten years ago, Pocket Books offered Star Trek fans a unique opportunity to become a part of the Star Trek mythos. A contest was created in which the best stories submitted by nonprofessional writers would be published. And over the course of a decade, hundreds of pounds of submissions poured in. Many of the writers who submitted to Strange New Worlds went on to become professional writers.
- This time there are nineteen writers: Rigel Ailur, David DeLee, M.C. DeMarco, Rick Dickson, Louis E. Doggett, Aimee Ford Foster, Edgar Governo, Robyn Sullivent Gries, Jim Johnson, Gerri Leen, Muri McCage, Brian Seidman, Randy Tatano, Paul C. Tseng, Rob Vagle, Laura Ware, Carolyn Winifred, Jerry M. Wolfe, and Jeremy Yoder.
- We welcome them to the book that is by the fans, for the fans.
Star Trek: The Original SeriesEdit
- "The Smell of Dead Roses" by Gerri Leen (Grand Prize)
- "The Doomsday Gambit" by Rick Dickson
- "Empty" by David DeLee
Star Trek: The Next GenerationEdit
Star Trek: Deep Space NineEdit
Star Trek: VoyagerEdit
- "The Fate of Captain Ransom" by Rob Vagle
- "A Taste of Spam" by L. E. Doggett
- "Adjustments" by Laura Ware
- "The Day the Borg Came" by M.C. DeMarco
Star Trek: EnterpriseEdit
- "The Dream" by Robyn Sullivent Gries
- "Universal Chord" by Carolyn Winifred (Third Prize)
- "You Are Not in Space" by Edgar Governo
- "Time Line" by Jerry M. Wolfe
- "Echoes" by Randy Tatano (Second Prize)
- "Brigadoon" by Rigel Ailur
- "Reborn" by Jeremy Yoder
Strange New Worlds 9
|SNW anthologies||Next book:|
Strange New Worlds 2016
|Star Trek anthologies||Next book:|
The Sky's the Limit
See individual stories
See individual stories
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.