Publisher's description[edit | edit source]
- In the fourth year of its ongoing mission, the Strange New Worlds writing competition has once again sought out exciting new voices and imaginations among Star Trek's vast galaxy of fans. After scanning countless submissions for signs of style and originality, the judges are proud to report that the universe of amazing Star Trek writers just keeps expanding.
- Strange New Worlds IV features more than a dozen never-before-published stories spanning the twenty-third and twenty-fourth centuries, from the early days of James T. Kirk and his crew to the later generations of Captains Picard, Sisko, and Janeway. These memorable new tales explore and examine the past and future of Star Trek from many different perspectives.
- This year's contributors include such diverse life-forms as TG Theodore, Robert J. Mendenhall, Pat Detmer, Lynda Martinez Foley, Mary Sweeney, Victoria Grant, Michael J. Jasper, Steven Scott Ripley, Alan Garbers, Shane Zeranski, E. Catherine Tobler, Tonya D. Price, Jeff Suess, Jonathan Bridge, Kevin G. Summers, Bill Stuart, Penny A. Proctor, Chuck Anderson, William Leisner, Kevin Killiany, Diana Kornfeld, and Ilsa J. Bick.
- Join Strange New Worlds in its thrilling quest to uncover the most compelling Star Trek fiction this side of the Galactic Barrier!
Contents[edit | edit source]
Star Trek: The Original Series[edit | edit source]
- "A Little More Action" by TG Theodore
- "Prodigal Father" by Robert J. Mendenhall
- "Missed" by Pat Detmer
- "Tears for Eternity" by Lynda Martinez Foley
- "Countdown" by Mary Sweeney
- "First Star I See Tonight" by Victoria Grant
- "Scotty's Song" by Michael J. Jasper
- "The Name of the Cat" by Steven Scott Ripley (First Prize)
Star Trek: The Next Generation[edit | edit source]
- "Flight 19" by Alan James Garbers
- "The Promise" by Shane Zeranski
- "Flash Point" by E. Catherine Tobler
- "Prodigal Son" by Tonya D. Price
- "Seeing Forever" by Jeff Suess
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine[edit | edit source]
- "Captain Proton and the Orb of Bajor" by Jonathan Bridge
- "Isolation Ward 4" by Kevin G. Summers (Third Prize)
Star Trek: Voyager[edit | edit source]
- "Iridium-7-Tetrahydroxate Crystals Are a Girl's Best Friend" by Bill Stuart
- "Uninvited Admirals" by Penny A. Proctor
- "Return" by Chuck Anderson
- "Black Hats" by William Leisner
- "Personal Log" by Kevin Killiany
- "Welcome Home" by Diana Kornfeld
- "Shadows, in the Dark" by Ilsa J. Bick (Second Prize)
Timeline[edit | edit source]
Strange New Worlds III
|SNW anthologies||Next book:|
Strange New Worlds V
|Star Trek anthologies||Next book:|
What Lay Beyond
See individual stories
See individual stories
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
- The short story which won Third Prize, "Isolation Ward 4," also made it onto the Preliminary Ballot for the 2002 SFWA Nebula Awards.
[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.