- Rescue overdue
- Deadly space raiders have destroyed the colony on Dantar. Now stranded on this remote planet, surrounded by the burning fires of the abandoned colony, Worf, his friends from Starfleet Academy, and cadets from the Klingon Empire fight to survive. They face harsh weather, low supplies, and hidden dangers.
- As suspicion between the Klingon and Starfleet cadets grows, the camp quickly becomes a battleground, with Worf right in the middle.
- But Worf and the others soon realize they are not alone as they face a mysterious and dangerous alien warrior. Klingons and Humans now must unite and work together before their first mission in deep space becomes their last…
The Starfleet and Klingon cadets have been stranded on Dantar IV for nearly three weeks with no word. Soleta discovers the crashed ship that attacked the colony and captures its pilot, a Brikar named Baan. After Soleta mind melds with him, he admits the Brikar are planning a strike against the Federation. They had a secret base set up on Dantar IV and he was sent to get rid of the colonists before they found out.
Tobias and McHenry find the base and most of the group descend into it in search of a subspace communicator. Baan gets free, overpowering McHenry and Gowr, and floods the base in an attempt to kill the cadets but Worf is able to get rid of the water by blowing open the base's drain. Baan is overpowered by Gowr, who he had believed dead.
The cadets are picked up by the USS Repulse who report that there was a brief war between the Federation and the Brikars but, deserted by their allies, the Brikars have now sued for peace and are returning the Dantar colonists, who they took hostage.
- Baan • Gowr • Zak Kebron • K'Ehleyr • Kodash • Mark McHenry • Soleta • Taggert • Tania Tobias • Worf
- Referenced only
- Sergey Rozhenko • Alexander Trump
Starships and vehicles
- Dantar IV
Races and cultures
States and organizations
Ranks and titles
Line of Fire
|TNG books||Next novel:|
Capture the Flag
Line of Fire