It looks like most of the other authors with only initials for a first name have no space between them. Should all of them be changed to have a space? Or is this author special for some reason? Jdvelasc 21:01, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
- *shrug*, I think it's just the whim of whoever made the page, the SD Perry page for example doesn’t even have dots. Personally I would favour J.M. Dillard, which currently redirects here, in fact, every page that links here is via the redirect oddly. -- 8of5 21:06, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
- It was User:The doctor who just recently (Jan 28th) moved this page to J. M. Dillard (as well as moving J. A. Lawrence). It just seemed odd that some pages are different than others. I just created a new page S. N. Lewitt and was wondering whether to add the space or not. Jdvelasc 21:43, 6 February 2007 (UTC).
- I used to wonder about this, too, but I've learnt most examples in common English use no spaces, so we have Harry S.L. Kim and J.M. Colt (if you ignore her being Julie Mia). [User: Stripey].
- I moved the page at the request of one of our regular anonymous users who has been a great help in correcting spelling, grammar, broken links, and a multitude of other links. He posted a huge list of changes a few weeks ago including pages that needed moving, which he couldn't do. Personnally, I prefer J.M. Dillard over J. M. Dillard, but the spacing can be seen on several novel covers. The other option of course would be to use their full names. --The Doctor 22:08, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
- Every novel cover we have of his shows closed spacing J.M. Dillard, and all use initials so I'd stick to that over full name. -- 8of5 01:35, 7 February 2007 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.