date of birth Edit
Where does DoB of Januray 17, 2340 come from? Night of the Wolves shows her having been fourteen for over two months in the year of 2353, which could put her year of birth in 2339. --Turtletrekker 02:39, 23 May 2008 (UTC)
- In light of this wiki apparently accepting canon info over expanded canon info, I still think the article should reflect the year as given in the novel and instead make her younger appropriately. For example in the novel it says the salvage operation took place in 2353, but this article retcons that to 2354 to match up her age with the canon date of birth. - Bell'Orso 15:25, February 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Let's be careful - 'expanded canon' is not a real thing, in fact it's a contradiction in terms. What you are trying to describe is 'licensed publications'
- There might be a reason that the dates don't match up - for example, Ro could have spent time on a ship traveling at relativistic speeds which would make her later age not equate with her birthdate. We should maintain the original info as much as possible, and then -- avoiding explicit speculation -- state that the dates don't match in a background note, but state there are possible explanations for such things. -- Captain MKB 15:58, February 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, whatever you wanna call it, it's still superceded by actual canon ("official" publications/material?).
- As for possible explanations, no in-universe explanations have been given so far, so I'll just assume the author either wasn't aware of her birthdate having been established on-screen in a barely legible bg source and simply made up his own, deliberately chose to ignore it, or made an honest while shuffling around the dates or whatever. (Who knows, maybe that entire section was originally supposed to take place in 2354.)
- In any case, the way that part of the article is phrased now is probably the best, at least for the time being. - Bell'Orso 22:10, February 27, 2011 (UTC)
Special #2 Incorrect Edit
The Choice is the incorrect page to link to as it goes to the TOS book and not the TNG book. Just figured i would give you a fyi Admiral Yates 14:12, March 24, 2010 (UTC)