Introduction (blurb)[edit | edit source]
From 1998 to 2000, Amazing Stories, the world's oldest science fiction magazine, presented a series of original Star Trek stories written by a number of bestselling authors. Now these little-seen Star Trek adventures have been collected together for the first time, along with brand new tales written expressly for this volume!
Among the highlights:
Proving that amazing things sometimes come in small packages, these and other slices of the vast Star Trek universe provide a replicator's worth of treats for Trekkers everywhere!
Contents[edit | edit source]
- "Last Words", by A.C. Crispin
- "Bedside Matters", by Greg Cox
- "On the Scent of Trouble", by John Gregory Betancourt
- "Life Itself is Reason Enough", by M. Shayne Bell
- "A Night at Sandrine's", by Christie Golden
- "When Push Comes to Shove", by Josepha Sherman and Susan Shwartz
- "The Space Vortex of Doom", by D.W. "Prof" Smith
Information[edit | edit source]
- The blurb reference to "brand new tales written expressly for this volume" is incorrect; John J. Ordover's attempts to secure some stories that were originally commissioned by the magazine, but still unpublished, were unsuccessful, but covers had already been approved.
- "On the Scent of Trouble" includes characters named for Keith R.A. DeCandido and John Ordover.