- 1 Description
- 2 References
- 2.1 Characters
- 2.2 Starships and vehicles
- 2.3 Locations
- 2.4 Races and cultures
- 2.5 States and organizations
- 2.6 Science and classification
- 2.7 Ranks and titles
- 2.8 Other references
- 3 Appendices
- "As I utter the words now, we will conduct this tribunal in Federation Standard, in deference to Captain Riker's presence," continued Kastis, "and in the interests of openness with the United Federation of Planets".
- The judicator said the word as if it was sour to her, ashen and alien on her tongue. She indicated the three shadowy forms around her. "Tribune Delos will observe for Major Helek. Tribune Nadei will observe for Commander Medaka and the Romulan Senate. And our… visiting advocate will observe for the Human captain".
- Riker shielded his eyes, trying to peer past the light from the glow-globes to get a good look at the person assigned to him, but it was impossible to pick out anything. The shadow gave him nothing, no face, no hint of gender, only uncertainty.
- He knew little of Romulan legal practices. Was Riker's silent watcher his lawyer, his judge? Executioner, even? He banished that last notion with a grimace.
- Will Riker stood foursquare behind his every decision, even after everything that had happened over the last few days. What that would mean here and now in this place, he couldn't know. But there would be no obfuscation from him, no wordplay and clouding of the truth.
- And once again, something came back to Riker, something Picard had said to him, years earlier on their very first mission together. If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are.
Titan personnel and residents
- Cantua • Jonathan East • Macha Hernandez • Ranul Keru • Kono (Kelpien) • Livnah • Karen McCreedy • Phosia • Hanee Phosia • Ra'ag • William T. Riker • Talov • T'Pir • Deanna Troi • Thaddeus Troi-Riker • Christine Vale • Hal Westerguard • Zade
- Referenced only
- Brote • Mazone • Scoville
- Benem • Dasix • Delos (Tribune) • Desseh • Felle • Friend • Garn • Hade-Tah • Sansar Helek • Hosa • Hutor • Kastis • Keret • Kort (Romulan) • Laris • Lebre • Maian • Joron Medaka • Moritz • Nadei • Jean-Luc Picard • Qaylan • Redei • Sabem • Shae • Shelsa • Spock • Tarsin • Umbran • Vadrel • Veyen • Yasil • Zhaban
- Referenced only
- Anij • Victor Bordson • Beverly Crusher • Data • Alidar Jarok • James T. Kirk • Geordi La Forge • Lore • Miles O'Brien • Shinzon • Kestra Troi-Riker • Worf
Starships and vehicles
- Armstrong • Coltrane • Ellington • Holiday • USS Titan (Luna-class reconnaissance science vessel) • IRW Othrys (Mogai-class) • D'deridex-class • Jazari generation ship
- USS Titan
- Referenced only
- Andromeda Galaxy • Avenue of Right • Beta Stromgren • Deneva • Devolin • Galorndon Core • Ki Baratan • Lembatta Cluster • Mars • Praxis • Remus • Romulan Neutral Zone • Romulus • Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards • Vega • Vulcan
Races and cultures
- android/synth • Antican • Betazoid • Deltan • Denobulan • El-Aurian • Garidian • Human • Jaylah's species • Jazari • Kelpien • Reman • Romulan • Taurhai • Trill • Vulcan
- Referenced only
- Aenar • Andorian • Bajoran • Ba'ku • Bolian • Borg • Cairn • Cardassian • Founder • Jem'Hadar • Klingon • Lurian • Makers (Andromedans) • Nausicaan • Norkanian • Pakled • Talarian • Tellarite • Tezwan • Vulcan
States and organizations
- Borg Collective • Cardassian Union • Dominion • Federation • Jazari Governing Sept • Klingon Empire • Romulan Star Empire • Starfleet • Starfleet Academy • Tal Shiar • Taurhai Unity • Zhat Vash
Science and classification
- energy • lifeform • matter • neural sequencing • omega molecule • plasma storm • red matter • space • technology • time • universe • weapon
Materials and substances
Technology and weapons
Ranks and titles
- captain • centurion • chief engineer • commander • commanding officer • crewman • decurion • ensign • Federation Starfleet ranks (2380s) • judicator • lieutenant • lieutenant commander • major • praetor • sublieutenant • tribune • uhlan
- Admonition • clothing • Condition Dagger • Condition Scythe • Earth-Romulan War • government • imzadi • insignia • Kelu • Le Petit Prince • nation-state • races and cultures • rank • rank insignia • ryetalyn • science • Starfleet uniform (2380s) • Starfleet uniform • title • tunic • uniform
- Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Titan and Star Trek: Picard
- Short Treks episode: "Children of Mars"
- TOS episode & Mudd's Angels novelization: I, Mudd
- Previous appearances of Ranul Keru:
- The blurb for the book describes the novel as following the story of "a catastrophic incident on the Romulan-Federation border" following the destruction of the Mars shipyards in 2385. As such the novel begins around the same time the previous novel, The Last Best Hope, ends, and is another prequel to the Picard television series.
- Although this is branded as a Star Trek: Picard series entry, Jean-Luc Picard makes only a brief appearance and this book focuses on elements of the Star Trek: Titan series: Captain William Riker, Deanna Troi and the USS Titan.
- In accordance with continuity changes stemming from the renewal of the canon television franchise, several elements of previous novels are disregarded: Riker's promotion to admiral, Riker and Troi's daughter Natasha Riker-Troi, Picard's marriage to Beverly Crusher and their son René, and Data's return in B-4's body and concurrent advancements in synthetic lifeforms (including developments regarding the Andromeda Galaxy androids). Supporting cast members from previous Titan novels do appear, although in the case of Christine Vale, she retains her position as a commander (rather than her captain's rank as skipper of Admiral Riker's flagship from previous installments). It is expected that devlopments with alternate timelines described in the Star Trek: Coda miniseries will clarify a reasoning for these divergences
The Last Best Hope
|Picard unnumbered novels||Next novel:|
The Ashes of Tomorrow