The Enterprise Logs, Volume 1 was the first of four omnibus collections reprinting stories from the first series of Star Trek comic books, which were published by Gold Key Comics in the 1960s and 1970s. It also contained two new short stories featuring James T. Kirk and Montgomery Scott. The collection was published by Golden Press in August 1976.
- RE: The Enterprise Logs
- 1. Nearly five years ago the UFP Starship Enterprise was ordered into service with Captain James T. Kirk in command. His orders read in part:
- "... to explore new worlds and seek out new life... to boldly go where no man has gone before."
- This mission will end Star Date 6368.20 when the Enterprise will put into Headquarters for refitting.
- 2. Pursuant to a resolution of the Committee for Policy Review and Evaluation, you are hereby ordered to begin assemblage of documents relating to the above referenced mission, hereafter specified as The Enterprise Logs. You will begin this assembly immediately and will transmit your data directly to Central Computer Terminus E-12, Division of Document Integrity. Data will be transmitted under covert Security Code E-12/ Tri/6, for final conversion to print medium.
- 3. You will transmit pertinent data under the following designated key terms: Ship's Logs, Captain's Log, Science, Engineering and Medical Logs, Psychofile, Transcorder memo-fax, sub-light correspondence. Future key term designations will be brought to your attention when required. You will begin transmission with Log specified 1.00 through 8.00.
- 4. Classification of this data is NEED TO KNOW and is limited to the attached distribution list. You are hereby ordered to retain only key term index and thesaurus and mark those TOP SECRET.
- 5. Failure to comply with security and classification procedures is illegal and punishable according to Security Act KR/UFP 3.1.
- 6. You are hereby ordered to take the necessary steps in preparing all documents, affidavits, records, memofax et cetera on above referenced subject, in anticipation of transmittal to above agency as per Committee request.
- Date of Transmission 7/12
- Arthur L. Mason, Admiral of the Fleet Sec: AW
- Chief of Staff Tr. Code: E15/01
- Star Fleet Command Lic: 006
- Transmission confirmed 7/12 Code E15/01 Cler: AR
- "Captain James T. Kirk: Psycho-File"
- "The Planet of No Return" (#1)
- "The Devil's Isle of Space" (#2)
- "Invasion of the City Builders" (#3)
- "The Peril of Planet Quick Change" (#4)
- "The Ghost Planet" (#5)
- "When Planets Collide" (#6)
- "A Page From Scotty's Diary"
- "The Voodoo Planet" (#7)
- "The Youth Trap" (#8)
- Reference list for features exclusive to this volume only.
- Hux • Benjamin Kirk • James T. Kirk • Winona Kirk • Kivo • Blanda Lane • Arthur Mason • Alden McWilliams • L.R. Nazoyo • Will Rogge • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Janet Wallace
Starships and vehicles
- Alpha Centauri • Axanar • Earth (Moonbeam Club • Starfleet Academy • Star Fleet Headquarters • Washington, DC) • Phobos (Phobos Base) • Planetary Fort 128 • Starfleet Base 12-N • Xaraka XII
Races and cultures
States and organizations
Science and technology
- biophysics • diverter • identi-fax • magne-tape • psychofile • type-3 phaser • spinal disc
Ranks and titles
- admiral • biophysicist • cadet • captain • chief of staff • colonel • commander • doctor • duty officer • lieutenant • fleet admiral • general • lieutenant commander • photographer
- Axanar Peace Mission • engagement • Karagite Order of Heroism • Klingon Repulsion • magnesium • milk • Security Act KR/UFP 3.1 • stardate • Starfleet Gallantry Citation • Medal of Honor • Supreme Medal of Honor
- Kirk receives his father's posthumous decoration.
- Kirk enters Starfleet Academy.
- Kirk receives command of Enterprise
- stardate 28.3.17
- Kirk receives a favorable service appraisal of his time as commanding officer.
- stardate 6289.74
- Kirk receives notice that his ship's log entries are due at HQ.
|The Enterprise Logs||Next book:|
The Enterprise Logs, Volume 2
See individual stories
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next adventure:|
See individual stories