The astonishing sequel to the New York Times bestseller Chain of Attack!—The Final Nexus is a 1988 Star Trek: The Original Series novel by Gene DeWeese. It was the 43rd novel in Pocket Books' TOS numbered novel line, and was a sequel to DeWeese's previous novel.
- 1 Description
- 2 References
- 2.1 Characters
- 2.2 Starships and vehicles
- 2.3 Locations
- 2.4 Races and cultures
- 2.5 States and organizations
- 2.6 Science
- 2.7 Ranks and titles
- 2.8 Other references
- 3 Appendices
- Uncounted centuries ago, an unknown race from beyond our galaxy created a series of interstellar gates—shortcuts across our universe—and then disappeared, leaving behind no clues to their fate, or the operation of their system. Twice before, the Enterprise has used the system to traverse the galaxy, and returned each time no wiser to the gates' operation.
- Now it is imperative that they find out. For the gates are breaking down, taking the very stars in the sky with them. The fate of the galaxy rests in the hands of the Enterprise crew, and their ability to communicate not only with creatures from another world—but from another universe as well.
- Aldrich • Claudette Ansfield • Esther Ansfield • Paul Ansfield • Vernon Ansfield • Jeremiah Chandler • Pavel Chekov • Crider • Grayson • James T. Kirk • Kremastor • Kronin • Karen Laszlo • Leonard McCoy • Nkrumah • Ortiz • Richards • Kevin Riley • Rinaldi • Montgomery Scott • Sherbourne • Spock • Andros Stepanovich • Hikaru Sulu • Ingrit Tomson • Nyota Uhura • Wellons
Starships and vehicles
- USS Cochise (Saladin-class destroyer) • USS Devlin • USS Enterprise (Constitution-class heavy cruiser)
Planets and planetoids
- Aragos planet • Earth
Stations and outposts
Races and cultures
States and organizations
- Klingon Empire • Romulan Star Empire • Starfleet • Starfleet Academy • Starfleet Command • United Federation of Planets
Technology and weapons
- AU • blood • cloaking device • communicator • deflector • gate • gravitational turbulence • gravity • hypospray • impulse engine • intercom • kilometer • light year • matter-antimatter reactor • paralytic agent • parsec • phaser • probe • sensor • star • starbase • transporter • turbolift • viewscreen • warp drive
Ranks and titles
- blowfish • captain's log • distress call • literature • piano wire • security • snake • spider • Starfleet regulations • technology • uniform • yellow alert
- Author Gene DeWeese said, "It's a sequel (to Chain of Attack), and I hadn't intended to write a sequel. If I had known there was going to be a sequel, I would have been a little more careful about some of the details in the first one ... to take care of the things that had to be explained to some extent in the sequel. It took a little bit of manipulation to make things work out. I think there are still a few things that are a little inconsistent." (The Official Fan Club Magazine Issue 65: "Where No Man...: The Final Nexus")
- This novel is the third novel in a trilogy with The Abode of Life and Chain of Attack.
|TOS numbered novels||Next novel:|
The Entropy Effect