- John Byrne continues his new Star Trek photonovel adventures with "Made Out of Mudd"—Harry Mudd has gotten under Jim Kirk's skin before, but never quite like this… alien artifacts, Klingons, and a mad man's schemes add up to headaches for the captain and his crew. All that, plus tribbles!
On day 273 of their campaign to wipe out the tribbles, the IKS Gr'oth arrived in orbit of the Tribble homeworld. One landing party killed 5,000 tribbles, but soon discovered vast habitats of them in underground caverns that were difficult to get to. Captain Koloth reported to Kor that the tribbles bred faster than they could be killed, but Kor insisted that the emperor wanted them eradicated. Koloth used five quantum bombs to annihilate the entire planet.
- Koloth • Kor • Korax • unnamed Klingons
- Referenced only
- Emperor of the Klingon Empire • Cyrano Jones • Quark
Starships and vehiclesEdit
- Tribble homeworld (the galaxy's Alpha or Beta Quadrant)
- Referenced only
- Deep Space 9 (space station) • Sherman's Planet
Races and culturesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Science and technologyEdit
Ranks and titlesEdit
- According to Koloth's log, the story took place on the 273rd day of their tribble-hunting mission, which presumably began not long after the events of TOS episode: "The Trouble With Tribbles".
- The title of the story came from a statement Odo made in jest to Worf, son of Mogh in DS9 episode: "Trials and Tribble-ations".
- On the title page, John Byrne credited producer Gene L. Coon and writer David Gerrold for characters and concepts appearing in this story.
- TOS episode: "The Trouble With Tribbles" – Montgomery Scott beamed a shipload of tribbles aboard the IKS Gr'oth in 2267.
- SNW short story: "A Bad Day for Koloth" – Koloth's efforts to get rid of those tribbles.
- TOS comic: "Alien Spotlight: Tribbles" – A squad of Klingons encountered tribbles on Serjila IV.
- TAS episode: "More Tribbles, More Troubles" – A shipload of tribbles was beamed aboard Koloth's IKS Devisor in 2269, this time "safe" tribbles created through genetic engineering.
- SNW short story: "The Last Tribble" – In 2285, Cyrano Jones finally removed the last tribble from Deep Space Station K-7.
- DS9 episode: "Trials and Tribble-ations" – Tribbles were brought into the 24th century via time travel.
- DS9 comic: "Nobody Knows the Tribbles I've Seen" – Getting rid of the tribbles on Deep Space 9.
#4: "Made Out of Mudd"
#5: "A Scent of Ghosts"
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next Adventure:|