The Human Factor was the last of 11 Star Trek: The Original Series audio productions released by Peter Pan Records. It was initially distributed in 1979 as an audio production along with three other stories. It was subsequently released on a solo record, and was the last of five Peter Pan productions without an accompanying comic book.
- 1 Summary
- 2 References
- 3 Appendices
Summary[edit | edit source]
Log entries[edit | edit source]
- Captain's log, stardate 96.024
- It's been an exhausting, but rewarding, time for the starship Enterprise. Meeting intelligent dinosaurs, fighting a super-criminal, and defeating the Romulans has thrilled each and every one of us, but it has tired us out, too. So it is now a pleasure to comply with Starfleet Command's order to bring a new member of the Federation back to their home in the Garr system, while giving them a tour of our mighty ship. The ambassadors from the planet Garrus seem harmless enough, their child-like size and innocent faces have charmed almost everyone, but sometimes they seem just a little too harmless.
References[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Pavel Chekov • Gardis • Garmin • James T. Kirk • Leonard McCoy • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Frank Tanka • Nyota Uhura
Starships and vehicles[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
Races and cultures[edit | edit source]
States and organizations[edit | edit source]
Science and technology[edit | edit source]
- communicator • computer • engine • intercom • laboratory • satellite • sensor • stardate • transporter • viewscreen
Ranks and titles[edit | edit source]
- ambassador • criminal • doctor • ensign • high priest • lieutenant • master • president • science officer • security officer
Other references[edit | edit source]
- Articles of the Federation • bridge • dinosaur • emotion • engineering • god • hangar deck • heresy • landing party • mile • ocean • planet • quarters • recreation room • red alert • religion • sickbay • soul • steel • transporter room • Vulcan nerve pinch • water
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
- This was the final audio adventure of this series.
- This story was first issued in a four-story set on the 15th Peter Pan record, then as a single record that was the 19th in the series, and then again collected with several other stories on the penultimate 22nd record of the run.
- Although the various pressings of this recording used cover artwork depicting the cast in their new Star Trek: The Motion Picture uniform design of the 2270s decade , the ranks of characters in the story indicate a setting of the 2260s when the previous design would have been in use.
- Recurring character Frank Tanka makes his final appearance here.
- As in "Dinosaur Planet", Sulu is again erroneously referred to as ensign.
Images[edit | edit source]
Related stories[edit | edit source]
- TOS novel: The Lost Years – Nyota Uhura and Sarek were kidnapped.
- TOS episode: "The City on the Edge of Forever" – Spock used his acute hearing to open a safe with a combination lock.
Connections[edit | edit source]
|Peter Pan Records||Next story:|