The Key Collection, Volume 2 was the second of five books in The Key Collection by Checker Book Publishing Group, which reprinted issues 9-16 of the TOS Gold Key Comics series, as well as two short comics and a poster from Gold Key's The Enterprise Logs omnibus. This edition included an excerpt from the TOS production bible written by Gene Roddenberry and an introduction, "A Fine Wein," by Checker’s publisher Mark Thompson.
- Back cover
- Star Trek comics debuted in 1967, the year after the original televison series premiered, and continued on an irregular serial schedule until 1979 under Western Publishing's Gold Key imprint (newsprint paperback collections dubbed "The Enterprise Logs" were also printed in the 1970s.)
- The comics feature the original Starship Enterprise crew (Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scott, Sulu, et al) in Star Trek adventures which couldn't be produced in any other medium and remain available nowhere else.
- Eventually, sixty full-color issues would be published. This, Checker's second collection, includes the original issues nine through sixteen, dating from 1971-72, and features art by Alberto Giolitti. These Trek issues were also among the early works of renowned comics writer Len Wein, best known as the co-creator of Swamp Thing and the New X-Men — including Wolverine. He also went on to write Justice League of America, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, Superman and many, many others.
- "The Legacy of Lazarus" (#9)
- "Sceptre of the Sun" (#10)
- "The Brain Shockers" (#11)
- "The Flight of the Buccaneer" (#12)
- "Dark Traveler" (#13)
- "The Enterprise Mutiny" (#14)
- "Museum at the End of Time" (#15)
- "Day of the Inquisitors" (#16)
- "Captain James T. Kirk: Psycho-File" (The Enterprise Logs, Volume 1)
- "A Page From Scotty's Diary" (The Enterprise Logs, Volume 2)
- Portrait of a Starship – The Enterprise (poster, The Enterprise Logs, Volume 1, page 110)
The Key Collection, Volume 1
|The Key Collection||Next book:|
The Key Collection, Volume 3