The Key Collection, Volume 3 was the third of five books in The Key Collection by Checker Book Publishing Group, which reprinted issues 17-24 of the TOS Gold Key Comics series. This volume was printed on matte paper with card-stock covers.
- Back cover
- Star Trek comics debuted in 1967, the year after the original television series premiered, and continued on an irregular serial schedule until 1979 under Western Publishing's Gold Key imprint (newsprint paperback collections dubbed "The Enterprise Logs" were also printed in the 1970s.)
- The comics feature the original Starship Enterprise crew (Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scott, Sulu, et al) in Star Trek adventures which were too ambitious, and on too large a visual scale to be produced as television.
- Eventually, sixty full-color issues would be published. This, Checker's third collection, includes original issues beginning with #17, dating from the early to mid-1970s. All the art is by Alberto Giolitti, and the stories are penned by members of Gold Key's bullpen — a diverse group of old comics and pulp fiction hands.
- "The Cosmic Cavemen" (#17)
- "The Hijacked Planet" (#18)
- "The Haunted Asteroid" (#19)
- "A World Gone Mad" (#20)
- "The Mummies of Heitius VII" (#21)
- "Siege in Superspace" (#22)
- "Child's Play" (#23)
- "The Trial of Captain Kirk" (#24)
The Key Collection, Volume 2
|The Key Collection||Next book:|
The Key Collection, Volume 4