The Key Collection, Volume 5 was the last of five books in The Key Collection by Checker Book Publishing Group, which reprinted the original stories from issues 34-43 of the TOS Gold Key Comics series. This volume was printed on matte paper with card-stock covers.
- Back cover
- Star Trek comics debuted in 1967, the year after the original televison series premiered, and continued on an irregular serial schedule until 1979 under Western Publishing's Gold Key imprint (newsprint paperback collections dubbed "The Enterprise Logs" were also printed in the 1970s.)
- The comics feature the original Starship Enterprise crew (Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scott, Sulu, et al) in Star Trek adventures which were too ambitious, and on too large a visual scale to be produced as television.
- Eventually, sixty full-color issues would be published. This fifth collection of Checker's comprehensive reprinting of the Gold Key series includes issues, 34, 36, 38, 39 and 40-43. Issues 35 and 37 were reprints of previous Star Trek comics, and can be found in Checker's previous Star Trek volumes. Star Trek: The Key Collection Volume 5 compiles original Star Trek stories that were originally published from 1975 to 1977.
- "The PsychoCrystals" (#34)
- "A Bomb in Time" (#36)
- "One of Our Captains is Missing!" (#38)
- "Prophet of Peace" (#39)
- "Furlough to Fury" (#40)
- "The Evictors" (#41)
- "World Against Time" (#42)
- "The World Beneath the Waves" (#43)
The Key Collection, Volume 4
|The Key Collection||Next book:|