The 10 September 1973 edition led with the banner headline "PLO and Israel Accept Each Other After Three Decades of Relentless Strife". Another story was headlined "U.S. Troops Fire on Somalis; Death Toll May Reach 100". Gary Seven read a copy of the paper that had been reproduced by his Beta 6 computer. (TOS - The Eugenics Wars novel: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume 2)
In an alternate timeline accidentally created when Leonard McCoy saved the life of Edith Keeler, he'd noticed several New York City newspapers, including The Times, The World and The Star Dispatch. When he told her that his friends might have trouble locating him, Keeler suggested that he buy classified ads in local newspapers. He placed ads in all of the local papers in hopes that computer records of some might survive into the 23rd century. (TOS - Crucible novel: Provenance of Shadows)
- TNG episode: "The Big Goodbye"
- TOS - The Eugenics Wars novel: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh, Volume 2
- ST reference: Spaceflight Chronology
- DS9 novelization: Far Beyond the Stars
- TOS - Crucible novel: Provenance of Shadows
- ST reference: Federation: The First 150 Years