- This article is about a mission in Star Trek Online's "Cardassian Struggle" episode. You may be looking for The Other Side, a Star Trek: Gateways novella.
"The Other Side" is a mission in Star Trek Online available to Federation player characters. It is the fourteenth mission of the "Cardassian Struggle" episode, and closes out the mirror universe story arc.
- Now that the Prophets have weighed in, we know what we need to do. It's the how that's tricky.
- We have an interdimensional transporter that will take you across, but we don't know what you'll find there. And you'd have to leave your ship behind.
- There's another option. We've pinpointed where most of the Mirror incursions are happening. If there's a portal or rift of some sort, you could use it to take your ship to the other side.
- Also, I had the Orb of Possibilities transported to your ship. I think you'll need it.
- This is risky, <rank>, but I think it's our best chance. Good luck.
They emerge in the midst of a firefight between Terran and Klingon-Cardassian Alliance ships and are hailed by the mirror version of their old enemy Captain Ja'rod, son of Torg. Ja'rod asks them to destroy three Terran Typhoon-class battleships in a nearby drydock while his forces hold off the Terrans. The battleships are defenseless in dock but will attempt to detach; if they undock, they engage the player.
Once all three targets are down, Ja'rod hails the player again and requests their help to back up General B'Vat on the planet surface. The player deploys their away team and their science officer informs them that they have detected an Orb in a nearby cavern, blocked off by a force field. They disable the generators and proceed to the temple cave, engaging Terran ground forces along the way.
Inside the temple they discover B'Vat is being held prisoner by the Terrans in the same room as the prime universe's Orb of Possibilities. They retrieve the prime Orb and put the mirror Orb in its place, then free B'Vat and beam back out.
In space their escape route is blocked by another Terran battleship, which Ja'rod and B'Vat, commanding a Negh'Var-class, help destroy. They then return to the prime universe through the portal, which closes on its own, and report in to Starfleet.
Races and cultures
Ranks and titles
- captain • chief • engineering officer • ensign • general • lieutenant • medic • science officer • tactical officer
- Referenced only
- Regent of the Klingon Empire
Starships and vehicles
- Galor-class • Klingon battle cruiser (random) • Negh'Var-class warship • Terran cruiser (random) • Terran escort (random) • Terran frigate (random) • Terran science vessel (random) • Typhoon-class battleship (Terran)
States and organizations
Technology and weapons
- light photon torpedo turret
- away team • containment field • force field • force field generator • Orb of Possibilities • Orb of Possibilities (mirror) • transporter
|Federation episodes in Star Trek Online|
|Tutorial||Graduation Day • Training Cruise • Field Promotions • Communication Breakdown • Assimilation of the Innocent|
|(Tour of Duty)||(Prelude to a Crisis) • (Khitomer Crisis) • (The Price of Liberty) • (Assimilation) • (Gather Equipment) • (Line in the Sand) • Welcome to Earth Spacedock • (Skills Trainer) • (New Orders?)|
|Klingon War||Welcome to Earth Spacedock • Stranded In Space • Diplomatic Orders • Hide and Seek • Stop the Signal • Researcher Rescue • The Kuvah'Magh • (War is Good for Business) • Treasure Trading Station • Secret Orders • Task Force Hippocrates • Skirmish • Spin the Wheel • What Lies Beneath • Everything Old is New • Night of the Comet • The Ultimate Klingon • The Doomsday Device • City on the Edge of Never • Past Imperfect • Temporal Ambassador|
|Wasteland||Secrets of Nimbus • The Lost City of Paradise • Blind Men Tell All Tales • The Undying • A Fistful of Gorn • Installation 18|
|Romulan Mystery||Heading Out • (Under the Cover of Night) • (Minefield) • (Divide et Impera) • (Saturday's Child) • (Preemptive Strike) • (Hunting the Hunters) • (Project Nightingale • By Any Means) • (Ground Zero) • (Ghost Ship) • (Friend of My Enemy) • (Trapped) • (S'harien's Swords) • Empress Sela • Desperate Measures • Shadow Play • Taris • The Vault • Mine Enemy • Frozen • Coliseum • Cutting the Cord • Darkness Before the Dawn|
|Cardassian Struggle||Venture into Deep Space • Badlands • Suspect • War Games • Shutdown • Rapier • Forging Bonds • The Long Night • The Tribble with Klingons • Tear of the Prophets • Crack in the Mirror • The New Link • Seeds of Dissent • The Other Side • Cage of Fire • Second Wave • Of Bajor • Operation Gamma • Facility 4028 • Boldly They Rode|
|Missions in parentheses are no longer available as of the current version of Star Trek Online.|