"The Outrageous Okona" was the 30th episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, the 4th episode of the show's second season, first aired on 12 December 1988. The episode was written by Burton Armus, Les Menchen, Lance Dickson, and David Landsberg and directed by Robert Becker.
- Captain's log, stardate 42402.7
- We are traveling in the Omega Sagitta system, traversing between the twin planets that form the Coalition of Madena. Both worlds are populated by a humanoid race which colonized the planets two centuries ago and which now coexist under a precarious but successful treaty.
- Captain's log, supplemental
- Some of the mystery surrounding this ancient morality play we've been dragged into has been revealed. One of Captain Okona's pursuers is an outraged father with a heartfelt, if arcane, sense of righteousness.
|This article or section is incomplete|
|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
- Bennett • Benzan • Wesley Crusher • Data • Debin • Diana Giddings • Guinan • Kushell • Geordi La Forge • Ronald B. Moore • Thadiun Okona • Alfonse Pacelli • Jean-Luc Picard • William T. Riker • B.G. Robinson • Deanna Troi • Darien Wallace • Worf, son of Mogh • Yanar • Youngblood
- Referenced only
- Gracie Allen • George Burns • Jerry Lewis • Tip O'Neill • Stano Riga • J. Edgar Hoover • Ken Ross • David Grant • Ryan Adams • Phil Bishop • Craig Weiss • Mike Gray • John Mason • Tracy Tormé (comedian) • Scott Rubenstein • Dan Curry • Wendy Neuss • David Livingston • David Takemura • Douglas E. Graves • Sam Freedle • Steve Wiener • Doug Drexler (comedian) • Jim Hardy • Merri Howard • Jayme Wing • Adele Simmons (comedian) • Monty de Graff • Daryl Baskin • Jon Koslowsky • Gary Hutzel (comedian) • Ronald B. Moore • Wendy Ruiz
Starships and vehiclesEdit
Races and culturesEdit
Technology and weaponsEdit
- communicator • hologram • holographic emitter • sensors • spacecraft • starship • transporter • viewscreen
Materials and substancesEdit
States and organizationsEdit
Ranks and titlesEdit
- captain • chief engineer • commander • commanding officer • engineer • ensign • Federation Starfleet ranks • Federation Starfleet ranks (2360s-2370s) • first officer • lieutenant • lieutenant commander • lieutenant junior grade • flight controller • operations manager • officer • second officer • security chief • tactical officer • weapons officer
- anatomy • beaming • bird call • boot • captain's log • captain's log, USS Enterprise-D, 2365 • clothing • coordinates • diplomacy • fraction • glob fly • government • homeworld • hair • hour • humanoid • jumpsuit • language • lifeform • log entry • matter • memory • nation-state • pants • planet • population • psychology • quadrant • races and cultures • rank • space • star • star system • stardate • Starfleet uniform • Starfleet uniform (2350s-2366) • technology • title • uniform • universe • weapon • ZIP code
- years prior to 2365
- Atlec and Straleb become rivals. (prior to episode)
- stardate 42402.7, 2365 (2360s chronology, Enterprise-D voyages)
- The Enterprise-D travels near Atlec and Straleb.
- TNG comic: "Wayward Son"
- Okona visits again.
- ST reference: Star Charts
- The Omega Sagitta system is charted.
Elementary, Dear Data
|TNG episode produced||Next episode:|
The Schizoid Man
Elementary, Dear Data
|TNG episode aired||Next episode:|
Loud as a Whisper
|Memory Beta Chronology||Next Adventure:|
The Legacy of Eleanor Dain
|Star Trek||Next Adventure:|