The Song of the Sun was a poem that was known to the Romulan species.
A particularly long stanze from it read:
- "I am They; I am the light of their shining
- save by me, how shall you see and behold
- How shall anything else be seen
- save by the light of Their burning?
- How shall the shapes of things be known
- except that Truth burning give light thereto:
- how shall reality be disclosed
- without Them burning Themselves away?
- Fused, the atom dies, yet by its dying we see,
- Day by day, as the light
- boils up from the depths of the starheart:
- if the Elements for your sake
- so burn themselves to nothing,
- how much more you for each other?
- How are you less than They?
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.