- 1 Publisher's description
- 2 Summary
- 3 References
- 4 Timeline
- 5 Appendices
- An all new Star Trek e-novella from the world of Deep Space Nine, featuring the fan-favorite Federation bureau the Department of Temporal Investigations!
- The dedicated agents of the Federation Department of Temporal Investigations have their work cut out for them protecting the course of history from the dangers of time travel. But the galaxy is littered with artifacts that, in the wrong hands, could threaten reality. One of the DTI's most crucial jobs is to track down these objects and lock them safely away in the Federation’s most secret and secure facility. As it happens, Agent Gariff Lucsly and his supervisor, DTI director Laarin Andos, are charged with handling a mysterious space-time portal device discovered by Starfleet. But this device turns out to be a Trojan horse, linking to a pocket dimension and a dangerous group of raiders determined to steal some of the most powerful temporal artifacts ever known...
- Laarin Andos • Claudia Alisov • Cymmen-vennau-roonixx • Daiyar • Marion Dulmur • Felbog Bu-Tsop-Vee • Teresa Garcia • Kvolan Marnak • Gariff Lucsly • Mexus • Munetir • Meyo Ranjea • Vennor Sikran • T'Viss • Warain
- Referenced only
- Data • Megumi Dulmur • Geordi La Forge • Sonaj • Tong
- Beta Rigel V (Tregon • Tregon Sea) • Denobula (Gronim City) • Eris (Eridian Vault) • Haunris Spaceport (Tyrellia system) • Sol
- Referenced only
- Amphipolis Planum • Antar • Catulla • DTI Headquarters (Greenwich) • Golana • Gum Nebula • India (Earth) • Kaferia • kaybin district • Vela OB2 Association • Vemlar IV • Vinduri'dom • Vulcan • Wolf 359
Starships and vehicles
- USS Everett (Nova-class)
- Referenced only
- USS Bozeman (Soyuz-class) • USS Enterprise-D (Galaxy-class) • USS Khatami • USS Kyushu (New Orleans-class) • USS Pacific (Miranda-class) • USS Titan (Luna-class) • USS Voyager (Intrepid-class)
Races and cultures
- Caldonian • Choblik • Deltan • Denobulan • Human • Rhaandarite • Tomika • Vomnin • Vulcan
- Referenced only
- Betazoid • B'nurlac • Caeliar • Catullan • Collector • Fethetrit • Kalandan • Mervynian • Pa'haquel • Zalkatian
States and organizations
- Aegis • Colonial Consortium • Denobulan Science Ministry • Federation Department of Temporal Investigations • Ferengi Alliance • Q Continuum • Starfleet • Vomnin Bureau for Historical Resource Development • Vomnin Birthright • Vomnin Confederacy
Science and technology
- Axis of Time • chroniton • chroniton polarizer • chrono-deflector • Collector obelisk • comm pin • dimensional pocket • hologram • incursion shield • orbit • padd • phase discriminator • phaser • psionic temporal communicator • quantum singularity • quantum slipstream drive • rejuvenation chamber • replicator • sensor • shield generator • subspace • temporal accelerator • temporal reflection generator • tetryon • time carriage • time drive • time lock • time portal • timeship • tractor beam • transporter • tricorder • Vemlar IV artifact • worldline destabilizer
Ranks and titles
- ambassador • assistant director • captain • commander • Director of the Department of Temporal Investigations • doctor • special agent
- 22nd century • 23rd century • 2270 • Aldebaran shellmouth • armor • Battle of Wolf 359 • coffee • cosmozoan • crystal • honey • observation lounge • obsidian • Oort cloud • Prime Directive • stardate • stepwell • supernova • Temporal Accords • Temporal Cold War • Time Rings of Vork • Trojan horse
Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.
- 2 May, 2384
- A Collector obelisk creates a major temporal disturbance within the Eridian Vault.
- 12 June
- Gariff Lucsly arrives on Eris to oversee a review and upgrade of the Eridian Vault's safety and security.
- 14 June
- The crew of a Catullan vessel discover a suspected time portal in the Gum Nebula.
- 6 July (stardate 61512.7)
- 1544 UTC - The Eridian Vault is raided by Daiyar and her group of Vomnin mercenaries.
- 1552:23 UTC (stardate 61512.736) - Director Andos engages the time lock trapping the raiders, herself, Lucsly, T'Viss, Warain, and Felbog inside. From then on, time within the vault slows down.
- 1555 UTC ~ Vault time: 1554 UTC - Daiyar adjusts her plans having been trapped in the Eridian Vault by the time lock.
- 1628 UTC ~ Vault time: 1604 UTC - Andos, Lucsly and the other DTI staff observe the raiders from the command bunker after T'Viss is captured.
- 1645 UTC : USS Everett arives in orbit of Eris.
- 1648 UTC ~ Vault time: 1607 UTC - At the DTI branch office on Denobula, AD Dulmur and agents Ranjea and Garcia begin investigating the raid. Dulmur meets Cymmen for the first time.
- 1716 UTC ~ Vault time: 1610 UTC - In the Eridian Vault, Lucsly suggests using some of the Vault's artifacts to stop the raiders.
- 1852 UTC ~ Vault time: 1616 UTC - Felbog is presumed killed by Kvolan's use of a temporal accelerator.
- 7 July, 0428 UTC ~ Vault time 1628 UTC, 6 July
- Lucsly and Warain discover Felbog's dessicated body.
- 9 July, 1702 UTC ~ Vault time 1643 UTC, 6 July
- Ranjea and Garcia meet with Vennor Sikran at Tregon, Beta Rigel V.
- c. 17 July ~ Vault time 1654 UTC, 6 July
- Eridian Vault.
- 29 July, 1816 UTC ~ Vault time 1700 UTC, 6 July
- Dulmur's birthday celebrations at the DTI field office in Gronim City are interrupted.
- c. 30 July ~ Vault time 1701 UTC, 6 July
- Within the Eridian Vault, the seeds of doubt sown by Andos and Lucsly begin to concern Kvolan.
- 9 August, 1907 UTC ~ Vault time 1704 UTC, 6 July
- Agents Ranjea and Garcia catch up with Sikran at Haunris Spaceport.
- 3rd week of August ~ Vault time 1706 UTC, 6 July
- Lucsly and Andos are captured by Daiyar and the Vomnin raiders.
- mid-October ~ Vault time 1713 UTC, 6 July
- Eridian Vault
- 20 November, 2011 UTC ~ Vault time 1716 UTC, 6 July
- Cymmen proposes to Dulmur.
- early December ~ Vault time 1716 UTC, 6 July
- Eridian Vault
- 28 March 2385
- 0946 UTC - The Vault's time lock is disengaged, Daiyar escapes with a time drive, and Lucsly realises who Daiyar really is.
- 1233 UTC - Aboard the USS Everett, the DTI staff, including Dulmur, discuss the motives of Aegis renegade, Daiyar, and what she hopes to accomplish with the stolen time drive. Lucsly accepts Dulmur's proposal to become part of his investigation team.
|Star Trek: Department of Temporal Investigations||Next novel:|
Rules of Accusation
Live by the Code
Christopher L. Bennett
The Face of the Unknown
- Department of Temporal Investigations novel: Watching the Clock - Major characters, locations, and premises are introduced.
- TTN novel: Orion's Hounds - The Vomnin's Colonial Consortium is introduced, along with the cosmozoan crisis and other Gum Nebula races and civilizations.
- TLE novel: The Buried Age - The first mention of the crew of the USS Kyushu's experience of the time-disruptive effects of an artifact they discovered on Vemlar IV.
- ENT - Rise of the Federation novel: Live by the Code - Denobulan family life and Gronim City are elaborated upon.
- TNG episode: "Timescape" - The use of phase discriminators to disrupt localised time effects is seen.
- Department of Temporal Investigations eBook: The Collectors - The discovery of the Collector's obelisk, and Dulmurs promotion to Assistant Director of the Denobulan DTI Branch Office occur.
- TOS comic: "The Peacekeeper" - The hijacking of the USS Pacific by rogue Aegis agents occurs.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.