- 1 Description
- 2 Summary
- 3 References
- 4 Timeline
- 5 Appendices
Description[edit | edit source]
- Captain Kirk is torn from his timeline. Every corner he turns, every door he opens, throws him into a different day, a different year—and a different danger.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Log entries[edit | edit source]
- Captain's log, stardate 6171.8 …
- The Enterprise is under attack. My position, engineering, to consult with Chief Engineer Scott.
- Captain's log, delayed.
- A moment before the ship was under attack by an unknown enemy. But, all is calm, and we are not yet even in orbit around the planet where the attack began!
- Everything is normal. An average day aboard a starship. In the recreation room… auxiliary control… engineering… no hint of anything abnormal at all. Except me! I was away without entering. My place is on the bridge — can I get there? But when I step into the elevator…
- Captain's log, stardate 6171.8 …
- USS Enterprise on routine patrol. Nothing extraordinary to report.
References[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Pavel Chekov • Christine Chapel • Sean Finnegan • James T. Kirk • Leonard McCoy • Gary Mitchell • Janice Rand • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Nyota Uhura • Janet Wallace • unnamed USS Enterprise personnel (ensign, crewmen, alien officer, security officers, Starfleet Academy cadets)
Starships and vehicles[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Referenced only
- Pollux IV
Races and cultures[edit | edit source]
States and organizations[edit | edit source]
Science and classification[edit | edit source]
- astrophysics • chronometer • computer • coordinates • ecology • elevator • G-108 • deflector shield • HD-585 • impulse engine • intercooloer • phaser • port phaser bank • scanner • temporal phase weapon • transporter • tricorder • universal translator • ventilator • viewscreen • warp drive • warp matrix
Ranks and titles[edit | edit source]
Other references[edit | edit source]
- alternate reality • atom • auxiliary control • bridge • command hub • corridor • daydream • decade • dimensional phase shift • electromagnetic field • engineering • evasive maneuvers • headache • helm • hologram • kilometer • light year • logic • meter • minute • orbit • recreation room • rocket • rogue planetoid • sciences department • second • sickbay • space • stardate • Starfleet regulations • suicide • temporal anomaly • temporal warp field • time • time jump • timeline • transporter room • year
Timeline[edit | edit source]
Chronology[edit | edit source]
Production history[edit | edit source]
- June 2017
- First printed in New Visions, Issue 16. (IDW Publishing)
- February 2018
- Reprinted in the omnibus New Visions, Volume 6. (IDW Publishing)
- October 2019
- Reprinted in hardcover in Graphic Novel Collection premium subscription photonovel #4. (Eaglemoss Collections)
Appendices[edit | edit source]
Related stories[edit | edit source]
- TOS episode & Star Trek 12 novelization: Shore Leave – Kirk time-shifts to 2251, facing cadet Sean Finnegan at Starfleet Academy.
- TOS episode & Star Trek 8 novelization: Where No Man Has Gone Before – While in 2251, Kirk runs into cadet Gary Mitchell.
- TOS episode & Star Trek 8 novelization: The Deadly Years, TOS comic: "Captain James T. Kirk: Psycho-File" – Kirk time-shifts to 2261, the day he and Janet Wallace ended their engagement.
- TOS episode & Star Trek 7 novelization: Who Mourns for Adonais? – Kirk time-shifts to 2267, just prior to the ship's encounter with Apollo on Pollux IV.
- TOS - New Visions comic: "Home" – Kirk time-shifts further ahead in 2269, three weeks after Lieutenant Janice Rand returns to service aboard the Enterprise.
Images[edit | edit source]
Connections[edit | edit source]
#15: Should Old Acquaintance Be Forgot...
[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.