To Starve a Fleaver was the fifth of 11 TOS stories produced by Peter Pan Records. It was initially released in 1975 as an audio production along with three other stories. It was subsequently released by itself. This was the fifth of seven stories set during Captain James T. Kirk’s first five-year mission aboard the USS Enterprise and the second of five without an associated comic book.
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Summary
- 3 References
- 4 Timeline
- 5 Appendices
- 6 External link
Introduction[edit | edit source]
- Ad for Peter Pan Record
- "Federation freaks will hail these full-length adventures as the hottest thing since Vulcan ear-muffs! "A Mirror for Futility," "The Time Stealer," "Logistics of Stampede" and "To Starve a Fleaver," all on a high-quality 33 1/3 RPM disc! Warning: do not play at Romulan sock-hops!”
Summary[edit | edit source]
- Captain's log... 5468.2: A request has been received at Starfleet Headquarters from a recently contacted civilization – the system of Marpaplu – for accreditation as an associate member of the United Federation of Planets. The Enterprise has been ordered to Marpaplu to consider final processing of the Marpapluan application.
- Captain’s log, supplemental: The treaty of friendship has been concluded with the system of Marpaplu, and said people have been accepted for official associate membership in the United Federation of Planets, while agreeing to remain under temporary quarantine until safety precautions for preventing the spread of the parasitic meegees can be developed.
References[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Nice Housenik • James T. Kirk • Leonard McCoy • Montgomery Scott • Spock • Hikaru Sulu • Nyota Uhura
Starships and vehicles[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Referenced only
Races and cultures[edit | edit source]
States and organizations[edit | edit source]
Science and technology[edit | edit source]
Ranks and titles[edit | edit source]
Other references[edit | edit source]
- associate membership • bridge • emotion • flea • government • helm • meegee • parasite • quarantine • skin
Timeline[edit | edit source]
Chronology[edit | edit source]
The Time Stealer
|Peter Pan Records||Next story:|
The Logistics of Stampede
The Crier in Emptiness
Alan Dean Foster
The Logistics of Stampede
Production history[edit | edit source]
- To Starve a Fleaver was released five times. It was initially released in 1975 on Peter Pan TOS record #2 of 23, a 33-rpm LP, along with The Time Stealer, The Logistics of Stampede and A Mirror for Futility. This album was re-released in 1979 as record #10 with TOS movie: The Motion Picture cover imagery.
- It was released as a solo audio product on record #7 in 1975, a 7" 331/3 RPM labeled as a "Little LP" with a cover price of 79 cents. The single was re-released as record #18 in 1979.
- It was also released with four other stories on record #23.