- For other uses, see Aldrin.
In 2245, the Aldrin set out on a one year mission. She returned to Earth in 2246, when she was scheduled for a refit. Less than a week after her return, however, the crew was recalled and sent out to the border of Vestian space. Aldrin's regular first officer had gone on leave, so Lieutenant Commander Christopher Pike was temporarily assigned the position.
The Aldrin was heavily damaged during an engagement with a Vestian ship, during which Pike took command of the ship from Kanmach. The ship was eventually able to return to Starbase 3 on auxiliary power. (TOS novel: Burning Dreams)
- The Star Trek app states that Christopher Pike served aboard the Aldrin, however it does not give a year, hence it is unclear if the time was before, during and/or after the alternate reality split and thus if it is even the same ship.
USS Aldrin personnel
- commanding officer: Captain Kamnach (c.2246)
- first officer: Lieutenant Commander Christopher Pike (c.2246)
- second officer: Lieutenant Commander Hanley (c.2246)
- chief engineer: Chee Wee Chua (c.2246)
- helmsman: Robert Wesley (c.2246)
- science officer: Renkova (c.2246)
- communications officer: Lieutenant Hana Flowers (c.2246)
- transporter chief: Chief Charlie Pike (c.2246)
- security guard: Banarjee (c.2246)