- For other uses, see USS Bombay.
The USS Bombay (NCC-1926) was a 23rd century Federation starship, a Miranda-class cruiser commissioned by Starfleet in the early-2240s decade. In the 2260s she was commanded by Captain Hallie Gannon. (VAN novel: Harbinger)
A few weeks later, the Bombay was dispatched to Ravanar IV on an urgent supply mission to Commander Dean Singer's outpost. While in orbit, the Bombay was engaged by six Tholian vessels. Despite putting up a valiant fight, she was destroyed with the loss of all hands. Only two Tholian ships survived the engagement. (VAN novel: Harbinger)
The destruction of the Bombay nearly resulted in the outbreak of war between the Federation and the Tholian Assembly. Only the actions of T'Prynn, a Starfleet intelligence officer who sowed misinformation casting doubt on the true cause of the ship's destruction, prevented war. (VAN novel: Precipice)
| In Proud Memory.
USS Bombay NCC 1926
"Our Deaths are not ours, they are yours: They will mean what you make of them."
- See USS Bombay (NCC-1926) personnel for a comprehensive list.
- Commanding officer: Captain Hallie Gannon
- First officer: Commander Vondas Milonakis
- Chief engineer: Lieutenant Commander Kevin Judge
- Science officer: Lieutenant Thanashal ch'Shonnas
- Communications officer: Lieutenant Susan Nave
- Helmsman: Lieutenant junior grade Oriana D'Amato
- Navigator: Ensign Daniel Berry
|Ships named Bombay|
|USS Bombay (NCC-1926, Miranda-class) • USS Bombay (Larson-class)|
The Bombay depicted in Harbinger is shown on this wiki with a placeholder image of a pre-refit design Miranda-class ship, with a hull and nacelle design closer to the original Constitution-class starships of the Star Trek: The Original Series era. This is consistent with other sources from the same time period, such as ST video game: Legacy and Early Voyages comics.