- For other uses, see Boston.
The USS Boston was a Federation starship, a Miranda-class destroyer in Starfleet service in the 23rd and 24th centuries. The Boston was named for the city of Boston in Massachusetts on Earth's North American continent. (TNG video game: Birth of the Federation)
In an alternate version of events, First Officer Decker was hastily transferred from the Boston in 2273 to the refit USS Enterprise just prior to its launch from drydock to intercept V'Ger. (Phase II episode: "In Thy Image")
- No specific history or definitive final fate was established for this vessel in the Starfleet Command game as its name was selected for a destroyer by the game developers, and is placed randomly when the ship appears.
- TNG video game: Birth of the Federation
- DTI novel: Forgotten History
- Star Trek: Phase II episode: "In Thy Image"
|Ships named Boston|
|USS Boston (Akula-class) • USS Boston (Miranda-class) • USS Boston (NCC-42076, Centaur-class) • USS Boston (mining freighter)|