- For other uses, see USS Budapest.
The USS Budapest (NCC-64923) was a Federation Norway-class medium cruiser in service to Starfleet in the late 24th century. It was named after the city of Budapest in Hungary on Earth. (ST reference: The Star Trek Encyclopedia, DS9 reference: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Technical Manual, The Official Starships Collection Issue 61: "Norway class")
Just before the battle, the Budapest was one of five test-bed starships using the new TR-116 rifles. After the ship was boarded by the Borg, Sam Bowers and other crewmembers used the TR-116 rifles against the drones, killing many of them. Several Budapest crewmembers were assimilated including the commanding officer, Captain sh'Raazn. Although the death toll was high, the Borg were defeated. (DS9 - Mission Gamma novel: Lesser Evil)
- commanding officer:
- second officer:
- tactical officer:
- senior operations officer:
|standard medium cruiser configuration||Albany • Anderson • Arian • Belair • Bergen • Bodø • Budapest • Denmark • Endeavor • Lillehammer • Luxembourg • Mjolnir • Narvik • Norway • Oslo • Polaris • Prague • Sagittarius • Stavanger • Triumph • Tromsø • Trondheim|
|destroyer configuration||Aliyah • Assawari • De Ruyter • Defence • Glorie • Groton • Iowa • Kortenauer • Medina • Meko • Michigan • Mikasa • Missouri • Naken • North Carolina • Norway • Olympia • Pervenetz • Piorun • Vosper • Warspite|
|other variant configurations||Oslo-subclass: Oslo|
Appearances and references
- TNG movie: Star Trek: First Contact (first appearance)
- ST reference: Star Trek: The Next Generation Sketchbook: The Movies
- ST reference: The Star Trek Encyclopedia
- ST reference: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Technical Manual
- The Official Starships Collection Issue 61: "Norway class"
- DS9 - Mission Gamma novel: Lesser Evil
- TNG - The Dominion War novel: Behind Enemy Lines
- Star Trek Adventures RPG module: Alpha Quadrant Sourcebook
|This section is written
from the Real World
point of view.