- For other uses, see Enterprise.
The USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-J) was a 26th century Federation starship, a Universe-class temporal heavy dreadnought cruiser and multi-mission explorer in Starfleet service in the 2550s decade. Its commanding officer Dax, a host of the Dax symbiont. (ENT episode: "Azati Prime", STO - Future Proof mission: "Ragnarok", Shipyards reference: Starfleet Ships 2294 - The Future)
Temporal Agent Timot Danlen (under the alias Daniels) brought Captain Jonathan Archer from the year 2154 to the Enterprise-J to witness the pivotal battle taking place at Procyon V, in hopes of convincing Archer to seek a diplomatic resolution in Earth's conflict with the Xindi. Archer looked at a schematic of the Enterprise-J, displayed in the observation deck, but remained unconvinced of Danlen's proposal. Danlen told Archer that Xindi served on the ship. (ENT episode: "Azati Prime")
Meanwhile, Captain Montgomery Scott was brought aboard the Enterprise by a temporal beacon activated by Captain Pavel Chekov. The captains installed the Tox Uthat, a quantum phase inhibitor from the 27th century, while Khitomer Alliance officers brought from 2410 fought off Admiral Leeta of the Terran Empire who led a Starfleet boarding party from the ISS Enterprise-F. (STO - Future Proof mission: "Ragnarok")
During the Battle of Procyon V, the Enterprise was protected by a fleet of 31st century Ouroboros-class escorts and five Khitomer Alliance ships from the year 2410. Captain Chekov led the mission to destroy the Command Sphere from the Enterprise. With each successful destruction of the sphere, the increasingly desperate Sphere Builders changed the timeline to bring in more of their allies. Timot Danlen provided temporal assistance, and the combined Federation fleet defeated the incoming waves of Sphere Builders, Krenim, Na'kuhl, and Vorgons, destroying the Command Sphere and closing all temporal portals. All forces returned to their respective home eras. (STO - Agents of Yesterday mission: "The Battle of Procyon V")
- commanding officer:
- temporal agent:
|Cestus-class frigate starships and derivatives|
|Federation Starfleet||Altair • Cestus • Congo-subclass: Congo • Universe-subclass: Enterprise-J|
|Federation, Klingon Defense Force||baSro'-class: baSro' • Durgath-class: Durgath|
|Federation, Romulan Republic Navy||Craeul-class: Craeul • Valkis-class: Valkis|
- In the timeline observed by Captain Archer, the ship's registry number NCC-1701 was written, without "J", on the dorsal bow of the ship, above the deflector dish. (The Official Starships Collection Issue 89: "USS Enterprise NCC-1701-J")
- In the timeline resulting from the destruction of the Delphic Expanse, the NCC-1701-J labelling appears to port and starboard of the central dorsal bulge. (STO - Agents of Yesterday mission: "The Battle of Procyon V")
- In the Ships of the Line calendar, the Enterprise-J image is titled "Tomorrow's Enterprise", as opposed to "Yesterday's Enterprise", the title of a TNG episode.
Appearances and references
- ENT episode: "Azati Prime" (first appearance)
- The Official Starships Collection Issue 89: "USS Enterprise NCC-1701-J"
- STO website: 26 Century Dreadnoughts Stats!
- STO - Future Proof mission: "Ragnarok"
- STO - Agents of Yesterday mission: "The Battle of Procyon V"
- The Official Starships Collection Issue XL 19: "USS Enterprise NCC-1701-J"
- ST reference: The Star Trek Encyclopedia (4th ed.)
- Shipyards reference: Starfleet Ships 2294 - The Future (1st ed.)