- For other uses, see Excalibur.
The USS Excalibur (NCC-1664-M) was a 32nd century Federation starship, a Constitution-class, Kirk-subclass battlecruiser in Starfleet service in the 3180s decade. Around that time, the Excalibur-M was operating from the Federation Headquarters space station. (DSC episode: "Die Trying")
Service history and disposition
The modern Constitution-class starship Excalibur was active in the 3180s decade. At one point in 3189, this ship was docked at the Federation Headquarters space station, the joint home of the Federation's civilian government and Starfleet Command after the Burn.
In that year, the time-displaced USS Discovery arrived at Federation HQ. Its 2250s-era crew marveled at the futuristic Starfleet ships visible from their ship's viewports. Lieutenant Joann Owosekun marvelled at the design and wondered out loud if this was a new Constitution. She estimated this ship could sleep a crew of one or even two thousand. (DSC episode: "Die Trying")
|Starships assigned to Federation Headquarters|
|Armstrong • Curie-J • Cuyahoga • Discovery-A • Dresselhaus • Excalibur-M • Grechko • Hansando • Jubayr • Kardashev • LaMar • Le Guin • Liu Cixin • Maathai • Noble • Pfau • Nog • Shogun • Song • Thant • Voyager-J • Yang • Yousafzai • Zheng He|
- The registry number suffix "M" indicates this was the 14th ship to bear the name and number.
Appearances and references
- DSC episode: "Die Trying" (first appearance, legible registry number)
- STU Issue 02: "USS Zheng He, 'English Boost' promo" (name established)
- Shipyards reference: Starfleet Ships 2294 - The Future (2nd ed.)