- For other uses, see Excalibur.
The USS Excalibur II (alternately registered as NCC-1711, NCC-1788 and NCC-1705) was a Federation starship, a Constitution-class heavy cruiser in service to Starfleet in the late 23rd century. (FASA RPG modules: Federation Ship Recognition Manual, Star Trek IV Sourcebook Update; ST video game: Starfleet Command)
- The Federation Ship Recognition Manual referred to this vessel as being registered NCC-1711, while the Star Trek IV Sourcebook mentioned the vessel being NCC-1788. Starfleet Command later assigned the vessel registry NCC-1705.
This is the second Constitution class vessel to hold the name Excalibur, replacing the ship lost in 2268.
The Excalibur II was refit to the Enterprise-subclass specifications, outfitted as a command cruiser (CC), by the 2280s decade. The ship was easily modifiable with additional technology to become the advanced command cruiser (CC+). (ST video game: Starfleet Command)
- No history or fate is established for this vessel in Starfleet Command as its name was randomly assigned to a cruiser vessel by the game software.
USS Excalibur personnel
- Captain Preye
- Captain DeCampo was in the command chair in 2294. (TNG novel: Relics)
- Grant Franklin (late 2270s)