- For other uses, see Gorkon.
The USS Gorkon (NCC-40512) was a Federation Excelsior-class explorer in service to Starfleet in the 24th century. She had an illustrious service career. (Decipher RPG modules: Starfleet Operations Manual, Starships)
In 2366, Admiral Nechayev, as the commanding officer of the 12th fleet, picked her former command as the flagship of the fleet. The Gorkon would fulfill this role for the next five years. (Decipher RPG module: Starships)
Lieutenant Aidan Thorn was the Chief of Security aboard the Gorkon. In 2371, the Gorkon discovered a derelict vessel and Thorn went on the away team. He was injured in the mission and he suffers from memory loss from the incident. The Gorkon met with the USS Endeavour to drop him off. (DS9 novel: Saratoga)
In 2375, the Gorkon visited the planet Kropasar, on the pretense of attending a diplomatic meeting. In reality, Nechayev orchestrated, with the help of Captain Montgomery Scott, the theft of a captured Breen frigate from the Kropasar government. (SCE eBook: The Future Begins)
- The Gorkon was named for former Chancellor of the Klingon High Council Gorkon. See also: IKS Gorkon.
- Admiral Alynna Nechayev, commanding officer (2340s and 2350s)
- Commander Esperanza Piñiero, executive officer (?-2376)
- Lieutenant Aidan Thorn, Chief of Security (2371)
- Doctor Ezeafulukwe, chief medical officer (2375)
- Ensign Dramar, shuttle pilot (2375)
|Ships named Gorkon|
|Klingon Empire, Defense Force||IKS Gorkon (Qang-class) • IKS Gorkon (Gorkon-class) • see also: Gorkon-class|
|Federation, Starfleet||USS Gorkon (NCC-40521, Excelsior-class)|
| Klingon-Cardassian Alliance |
|IKS Gorkon (Regent-class)|