- For other uses, see Hood.
Service history and disposition
- No specific history or definitive final fate was established for this vessel in the game, as its name was selected for a ship by the Starfleet Command III game developers, and is placed randomly each time the ship appears.
During the Second Romulan War in the 2460s, the Hood and the USS Exeter-C followed the USS Enterprise into battle during "the atrocity on the edge of forever" in 2462, when a Romulan faction attacked the Rock of Ages. Starfleet suffered casualties and damage but succeeded in destroying the Romulan orbital warbase with nova torpedos. Captain Edward Sherwood of the Enterprise reported the outcome, including the Exeter and Hood participation, to Fleet Admiral Ian Kyle Riker and Admiral T'Min at Starfleet Headquarters over subspace. (ST - Strange New Worlds VII short story: "Guardians")
In an alternate timeline where Deanna Troi was killed in 2368, the Hood was under the command of Captain Wesley Crusher by the late 2300s. In 2408, the Hood was dispatched to Starbase 86 in order to transport Admiral William T. Riker to Betazed so that he could visit a dying Lwaxana Troi. The Hood remained on station at Betazed following Troi's death and the following funeral. (TNG - Imzadi Forever novel: Imzadi)
- The Hood's' class wasn't mentioned in Imzadi, although she definitely wasn't the Excelsior-class USS Hood, as Riker stated that he had served aboard one of this Hood's predecessors.
|Ships named Hood|
|USS Hood (2240s) • USS Hood (NCC-1703, Constitution-class) • USS Hood (NCC-1703, Enterprise-class) • USS Hood (NCC-42296, Excelsior-class) • USS Hood (Galaxy-class)|
|Terran Empire Starfleet||ISS Hood|
Appearances and references
- ST video game: Starfleet Command III
- TNG - Imzadi Forever novel: Imzadi
- DS9 novel: Station Rage
- ST - Strange New Worlds VII short story: "Guardians")