The USS Hunley was a Starfleet starship in service during the late 23rd century. It was severly damaged by the Romulan Ventarix-class battlecruiser Daami under recently-promoted Admiral Aventeer Vokar while attempting to rescue the freighter SS Dakota. The captain, executive officer, science officer, and navigator were all killed during the attack, most of them blown out into space by a hull breach on the bridge. However, survivors of the attack, led by Lieutenant John Harriman, were able to capture the Daami and tow both ships back to Federation space. (TLE novel: Serpents Among the Ruins).
- Though the specific name of the class is not given, the Hunley is described as a "light cruiser" having "two warp nacelles either side of its circular hull". From this description it's fair to assume she's a Miranda-class vessel.
- Captain Linneaus, Commanding Officer
- Lieutenant John Harriman, Helmsman
- Lieutenant Bexx, Chief Engineer
- Anner'Namin, Navigator
- Grinager, Tactical Officer
- Latasa, Chief Medical Officer
- Ensign Gabe Marquez