- For other uses, see Noble.
The USS Noble (NX-91001 at launch, later NCC-91888) was a 25th century Federation starship, the Noble-class assault cruiser and multi-role explorer in Starfleet service in the 2400s and 2410s decades. The Noble, initially known by its registry number NX-91001 only, was outfitted for deep space exploration. (STO - Klingon War mission: "Welcome to Earth Spacedock"; STO website: Ships of the Line)
Service history and disposition
The NX-91001 was designed with the intent to extend Federation influence throughout the Alpha Quadrant and beyond. It was one of the first multi-role Starfleet starship designs since the Sovereign-class decades prior. It was outfitted with advanced systems of the era including: An ablative tetraburnium alloy hull, regenerative shields, bioneural circuitry, and an advanced sensor pod which could be operated remotely from the bridge or directly. The sensor systems included telemetric observation VISOR technology, allowing a science officer to interface with data transmitted from a robotic exo-probe.
The ship was equipped with a class 10 warp drive, and hyper impulse drive. She has a quantum sublimating theta-matrix compositor, which recrystallised the ship's dilithium into more stable form than previously possible. Her cruising speed was warp 8, capable of a maximum speed of warp 9.985.
The ship was armed with an array of advanced weaponry, some classified technologies, including 16 type XIV phaser arrays and eight torpedo launchers (4 forward and 4 aft).
The ship was equipped with holographic technologies throughout, these included holographic consoles and astrometric labs, but was also equipped so that emergency medical and emergency command holograms could function throughout the ship.
At some point after entering service in the year 2409, the experimental vessel NX-91001 was named USS Noble, and received the registry number NCC-91888, which it shared with its Imperial-class sister ship USS Imperial, launched soon afterwards. Another new assault cruiser was the Majestic-class USS Majestic.
In the 2400s decade, Starfleet was involved in the Federation-Klingon War of 2405-2410. Thanks to the Fleet Modernization Program underway at the Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards, the ship's components remained interchangeable with Sovereign-class cruisers , and the ship was rated as a tier 4 tactical escort. (STO - Klingon War mission: "Welcome to Earth Spacedock")
Following the Battle of Excalbia on stardate 84999.22 in early 2411, which saw the prominent involvement of hero ships from the Federation's past and present, the Noble was among the assault cruisers that received a refit to legendary miracle worker assault cruiser qualifications (STO - Legacy missions: "Measure of Morality (Part 2)", "Welcome to Earth Spacedock", STO website: Legendary Miracle Worker Assault Cruiser)
- The specifications of the NX-91001 comprised an article on the Star Trek Online website's Ships of the Line feature. That feature has since been removed, but a copy of the information can be found at the article linked below. She later appeared on the cover of the Star Trek Online novel The Needs of the Many.
- The ship class is not named in the article that originated her; however, she appears to be a member of Star Trek Online' Noble-class. Neither the Noble-class nor the depiction of the NX-91001 on the cover of The Needs of the Many feature the sensor pod shown and described in the earlier article. This might imply that during in the course of her service the pod was removed; or simply that the game designers introduced a discontinuity by revising the design.
- Any Federation Noble-class cruiser in Star Trek Online bears the Noble's name and registry number by default.
- Trekmovie.com article reprinting the (now offline) original Ships of the Line page content. at [Trekmovie.com].
- U.S.S. Noble article at The Star Trek Online Wiki.