- For other uses, see Ross.
The USS Ross (NX-76710) was a 24th century Federation starship, a Ross-class exploration cruiser prototype and later command exploration cruiser in Starfleet service from the 2380s decade. (STO website: Legendary Command Exploration Cruiser)
Service history and disposition
By the early 25th century, it was one of a number of starship classes based on the venerable Galaxy-class explorer. From the year 2411 onward, the Ross represented its class in the Starfleet Shipyards Operations interface. (STO - Klingon War mission: "Welcome to Earth Spacedock")
Khitomer Alliance flag officer in, or aligned with, Starfleet, deployed Ross for missions around the galaxy's four quadrants as part of the four-quadrant strategy. (STO - New Dawn mission: "Admiralty System")
Following the Battle of Excalbia on stardate 84999.22 in early 2411, which saw the prominent involvement of hero ships from the Federation's past and present, the Ross was among the exploration cruisers that received a refit to legendary starship classification. (STO - J'Ula's Discovery missions: "Measure of Morality (Part 2)", "Welcome to Earth Spacedock")
|Ships named Ross|
|USS Ross (NCC-3865, Ptolemy/Doppler-class) • USS Ross (Edward-class colony ship) • USS Ross (NX-76710, Ross-class) • see also: Ross-class|
Appearances and references
- STO website: The Legendary Command Exploration Cruiser (announcement)
- STO - Legacy mission: "Welcome to Earth Spacedock"
|This section is written
from the Real World
point of view.
- Cryptic Studios based the USS Ross on the "Clear Skies" fan RPG group. (STO website: The Legendary Command Exploration Cruiser)
- This ship was named for the Human mathematician and engineer Mary G. Ross of NASA. (StreampunksRPG tweet)
- Clear Skies video playlist on YouTube.