- For other uses, see Slayton.
In 2372, the Slayton was sent to Chiaros IV to oversee a special vote by the Chiarosan people in support of the government's petition to join the Federation. After sending an away team to the surface, the Slayton went to investigate a nearby spatial anomaly. The anomaly was in fact a massive Romulan cloaking field, and the Slayton was destroyed with all hands by Romulan forces hiding within.
- Chief Engineer:
- Andreas Hearn (-2372)
- Additional science personnel:
- Liz Kurlan (head of xenoanthropology) (-2372)
- Tim Tuohy (head of planetary studies) (-2372)
- Ensign Burdick (-2372, KIA)