- For other uses, see Valiant.
The USS Valiant (NCC-75418) was a 24th century Federation starship, a Defiant-class escort/destroyer in Starfleet service in the 2370s decade. (ST video game: Armada, TNG movie: Star Trek: Nemesis)
- No specific history or definitive final fate was established for this vessel as its name was selected for a destroyer by the Starfleet Command III, Armada I and II game developers, and is sometimes placed randomly when the ship appears. The ship may be named for numerous vessels from history, all named for common meaning of the term "valiant".
The first Defiant-class USS Valiant (NCC-74210) had been launched in 2372. It was destroyed by a Jem'Hadar battleship behind enemy lines during the Dominion War in the year 2374. (VOY episode: "Valiant")
Six months later, 2377, Starfleet suffered an attack by Gul Kentar's insurrectionist forces in the Pearl Nebula, and defended the galaxy during both the Borg Invasion of 2377 and a Species 8472 incursion. The Valiant was one of the ships involved in combat. (ST video game: Armada II)
In late 2379, the Valiant was assigned to Star Fleet Battle Group Omega. This battle group travelled to sector 1045, on the near side of the Bassen Rift. Starfleet assigned them to rendezvous with the USS Enterprise-E there, in an attempt to intercept Praetor Shinzon's Reman warbird Scimitar and stop its mission to annihilate Earth. Scimitar scrambled communications, stopping the Enterprise on the far side of the Bassen Rift. Fortunately, the Enterprise was able to destroy the Scimitar before it entered Federation space. (TNG movie: Star Trek: Nemesis)
In 2410, Starfleet commissioned a new USS Valiant (NCC-60890), the prototype of the Valiant-class escort. The Valiant-class was a variant of the 24th century Defiant-class destroyer. Its hull was modular, with components interchangeable with its Defiant-class sister ships. (STO - Klingon War mission: "Welcome to Earth Spacedock")
Appearances and references
- ST video game: Armada (first appearance)
- ST video game: Armada II
- ST video game: Starfleet Command III
- TNG movie: Star Trek: Nemesis