If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Beta, here are a few links that you might want to check out:
- Manual of Style: Please be sure to read this before contributing, so you know how to accurately cite your sources, and search the site to make sure the article you want to make doesn't already exist.
- Policies and Guidelines: For a list of the policies and guidelines that we adhere to on Memory Beta.
- Wanted pages: For a list of pages we want most, although any contributions you make are greatly appreciated!
One other suggestion: If you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in a member's talk page or the community portal. Thanks, and once again, welcome to Memory Beta! --Dr. John Smith 22:28, 19 September 2007 (UTC)
Ridiculously short articles[edit source]
CapnCrunch can you please make an effort to expand your articles a little more. A single very short sentence, such as "Zot is a Ferengi religious figure.", is not really enough to constitute an article. Even the most minor reference in a novel always has context, who talked about Zot? What made them bring Zot up? --8of5 19:36, 6 March 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry about that. I've added some more information on Zot. – CapnCrunch 04:41, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks, much better :) --8of5 12:36, 8 March 2008 (UTC)