user talk:captainmike/archive 2008
user talk:captainmike/archive 2009
user talk:captainmike/archive 2010
user talk:captainmike/archive 2011
user talk:captainmike/archive 2012
user talk:captainmike/archive 2013
user talk:captainmike/archive 2014
user talk:captainmike/archive 2015
user talk:captainmike/archive 2016
user talk:captainmike/archive 2017
user talk:captainmike/archive 2018
user talk:captainmike/archive 2019
Hi Captainmike, how are you? This is Chen from Fandom. As you may have noticed with the new change of our Community Org, our team will be highly focused on building a closer relationships with our communities, admins and users than before. As one of the Community Managers, I will be together with one of our Wiki Managers to fully support this wiki, help you and other admins solve any issues/concerns on this wiki, partnership with you guys for any exciting relevant projects, and make this wiki more attractive and successful.
Long in short - we are here to fully support any needs you may have to make this community keep growing successfully. If you and other admins need any help, feel free to directly contact us any time. We will be always in touch! Any questions? :)
- Hi, thanks for the introduction. As a community, we're looking for new blood from the new fans being gained by all the new Star Trek publishing projects while maintaining a healthy respect for the original works from 50 years ago. We've been on cruise control a lot lately but if i can think of anything pertinent I'll drop you a line - captainmike 01:02, June 21, 2019 (UTC)
Wiki Manager IntroductionEdit
Hi! My name is SilverFlight, and I'm the Fandom Wiki Manager for the Memory Beta. I am here to help the community and be a liaison to full-time Fandom staff. If you ever have a question or issue relating to the wiki, editing, etc., please contact me on my talk page.
In addition, I'm happy to inform you that Fandom is upgrading its MediaWiki platform to accommodate MediaWiki extensions. You can read more about here on the blog post.
If you have any questions, let me know how I can help.
- As I mentioned in the last introduction, as a community, we're looking for new blood from the new fans being gained by all the new Star Trek publishing projects while maintaining a healthy respect for the original works from 50 years ago. We've been on cruise control a lot lately but if i can think of anything pertinent I'll drop you a line..
- In terms of the upgrade, not sure what to say - I use a lot of editing habits based on the very beginning of the Wikipedia era so i just hope backwards compatibility can be maintained. I've lost a lot of momentum since that last BS of an upgrade we got, and I can't help but notice Wikipedia itself maintains its old austere format and edit simplicity without the bells and whistles fandom has seen fit to add here - captainmike 12:51, June 22, 2019 (UTC)
On the main page I was curious that, since Discovery technically comes before The Original Series and after Early Voyages, should it show up there on the Series box on the right-hand side of the main page, rather than after The Animated Series? Navypiper (talk) 13:22, July 4, 2019 (UTC)
- They aren't in a strict chronological order. captainmike 12:34, July 4, 2019 (UTC)
I'm writing to let you know that Fandom now has an official Discord server for all Fandom and Gamepedia editors. If you want to learn more about it, details can be found here on community blog. Let me know if you have any questions!
Hi I need a little help of the Dassik species that I put there from the novel called 'The Face of the Unknown' and I was hoping if anyone can finished it as well as the Cheronians species from the novel called 'No Time Like the Past' ok
Put something a little about the Tessegri, some help please I don't got the TOS book called "The Face of the Unknown", it would you or anyone can do it along with the other First Federation races.
Re: Image Uploads Edit
Rename photo Edit
Hoping I'm asking the right mod. I uploaded a photo before renaming it. Is there any chance that this cover picture could be renamed to a more proper Stranger_Worlds_1_RE_Nerdblock ? I be quick to fix any broken links, in case! Thank you in advance.Hakka84 (talk) 03:38, July 30, 2019 (UTC)
Did you get my last message of the color for the First Federation because I think it would cool if it needs a color if the First Federation is a minor state of the Alpha Quadrant. The number for the color is 'ffba66'. And the color for the Talarian Republic is b8b800.
Hi again! I would like to inform you there is a new Special:Analytics page you can request and access on the admin dashboard! In this way, you can use it to keep track of the number of edits daily, and which users are contributing. More info is available on the Help:Analytics dashboard and the blog post. If you already knew about it but have any questions, let me know!
- Thanks, how often is this re-cached/updated? -- captainmike 15:10, August 12, 2019 (UTC)
SCE two-parters Edit
Are you planning to create single-story articles for the other SCE two-parters? If so, are you then going to delete the multi-story articles after you've finished moving content to the single-story articles? When adding references, should I add them to the single-story articles or the multi-story article? --NetSpiker (talk) 05:17, August 14, 2019 (UTC)
- This was a decision i pushed for years ago and am only getting around to doing the work now -- it was regarding the overall size and complexity of Avatar and The Left Hand of Destiny as merged articles (their reference lists are much mre effective as individual articles for each part of those duologies.
- The references should all be migrated to the articles of each single part.
- The multi-story articles are the "story arc" -- they should be categorized and maintained as such. they do not require reference lists. A story arc article is structured the same way as a miniseries (or duology or trilogy) article, re: Double Blind, Fortunes of War, The Return of Harry Mudd, Worlds Apart, Avatar, etc. -- captainmike 23:27, August 15, 2019 (UTC)
- just realized, What's Past is a decent model of the structure of a duology/trilogy/miniseries/story arc article
A little help with the picture of Koss and a Klingon named Nu'Daq
Hello! I'm excited to announce there's a new Editor Rewards program honoring the hard work of users with awards those that have gained recognition for their contributions. Details are on this blog post, and it'd be most appreciated if you could give some feedback on said blog post. Please message me if you have any questions!
Alidar Jarok imageEdit
- I honestly don't remember the image that was replaced, but "size" in the case of my troubleshooting refers to images over 1600px on their longest edge. Those are too large.
- In this case, the new image you added is not preferable, as I replaced it with a robust image. The one you uploaded over mine was darker and had less focus on the subject due to being cropped in a different way. I don't understand why you felt like the one I put up needed to be replaced - its of good dimension, has a good crop and depicts the correct subject. What's the problem with leaving the image alone? -- captainmike 20:25, September 8, 2019 (UTC)
I just thought it was better because its HD from the remastered version of TNG, but if you want it stay that way you have it, fine, ok. You don't like HD images from the remastered version of TNG?.--Typhuss999 (talk) 20:34, September 8, 2019 (UTC)
- The one that was being replaced is ALSO from the remastered HD - it is just color corrected somewhat differently. The issue isn't the HD remasters. Both images are from the HD remaster. -- captainmike 20:36, September 8, 2019 (UTC)