If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Beta, here are a few links that you might want to check out:
- Manual of Style: Please be sure to read this before contributing, so you know how to accurately cite your sources, and search the site to make sure the article you want to make doesn't already exist.
- Policies and Guidelines: For a list of the policies and guidelines that we adhere to on Memory Beta.
- Wanted pages: For a list of pages we want most, although any contributions you make are greatly appreciated!
One other suggestion: If you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in a member's talk page or the community portal. Thanks, and once again, welcome to Memory Beta!
Many thanks for your additions to our Enterprise coverage! --Chops 00:39, 24 May 2006 (UTC)
Hi, please don't upload files with abstract names. If you upload a file of a book cover, for example, change the file name to the name of the book, possibly describe it with the word 'cover' or 'book'. It's really confusing as no one will ever know what File:9781439102190.jpg is about. -- Captain MKB 15:34, January 30, 2010 (UTC)
Hi, I'm a little confused about the new German book covers you've been uploading. Are these books being republished with new covers?
If that's the case, you sohuldn't be uploading new images over the old covers -- the earlier versions are still just as valid. -- Captain MKB 18:57, August 20, 2010 (UTC)
- No, they're not republished, they're (with the exception of Abyss, which was previously published by another publisher, so the cover of the first German printing wouldn't fit on Cross Cult's article ) published for the first time in German. Cross Cult sometimes changes the planned covers during the production process, and since it would be cluttering the table if I would keep every cover version in it, I just keep the final one in it. By the way: why covers, IIRC DoAaD was the first time I uploaded a newer version over an older one, since the older version was just the official artwork of the US cover anyway. --Defcon 06:24, August 21, 2010 (UTC)
- I thought there were a couple versions of another DS9 cover. Anyway, just making sure that we were keeping the right images in the right places, i had to ask since i'm not in Germany. -- Captain MKB 12:36, August 21, 2010 (UTC)