If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Beta, here are a few links that you might want to check out:
- Manual of Style: Please be sure to read this before contributing, so you know how to accurately cite your sources, and search the site to make sure the article you want to make doesn't already exist.
- Policies and Guidelines: For a list of the policies and guidelines that we adhere to on Memory Beta.
- Wanted pages: For a list of pages we want most, although any contributions you make are greatly appreciated!
One other suggestion: If you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in a member's talk page or the community portal. Thanks, and once again, welcome to Memory Beta!
I noticed your addition of .svg images to the site. Are you the artist who drew these images? -- Captain MKB 15:28, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Hi , I have not received your answer. Please make a statement of the authorship of the images you are uploading. -- Captain MKB 19:49, August 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Very nice work! -- Captain MKB 20:18, August 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Gav, please read my response to your last comment on user talk:captainmike -- as I said, (in my personal opinion) I don't think we should be replacing certain images from licensed books with user-created images site-wide. I also stated that images where original compositions are used should be voted on at Memory Beta:Votes for approval of supplemental images -- if you would check that community page you'd see that one of the images you're replacing (with File:IKS Emblem.svg) has actually not been approved on the basis of color scheme devised by a user. Please review my responses and take part in discussions to approve user-created images. Thanks. -- Captain MKB 17:36, August 26, 2010 (UTC)