If you'd like to learn more about working with the nuts and bolts of Memory Beta, here are a few links that you might want to check out:
- Manual of Style: Please be sure to read this before contributing, so you know how to accurately cite your sources, and search the site to make sure the article you want to make doesn't already exist.
- Policies and Guidelines: For a list of the policies and guidelines that we adhere to on Memory Beta.
- Wanted pages: For a list of pages we want most, although any contributions you make are greatly appreciated!
One other suggestion: If you're going to make comments on talk pages or make other sorts of comments, please be sure to sign them with four tildes (~~~~) to paste in your user name and the date/time of the comment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in a member's talk page or the community portal. Thanks, and once again, welcome to Memory Beta! --Long Live the United Earth 21:32, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
- Two and a half years for someone to finally figure that out...eh. --Alan 21:37, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Alan
- I noticed you had popped in to clean up some links recently. i havent kept in touch with many other admins from MA, so i'm just reaching out to you in case you can bring some light to what is currently troubling MB. the UCP is not going well, Fandom seems to be bungling the update to the platform. what has MA done to stave off the problems? have they managed to find a complete relief from the new update, or only a delay? i'm hoping that we can find a way to stay on Fandom, but who knows? maybe it's best to port the MB database off if there's truly a failure occurring here. thanks in advance if you have news. -- captainmike 01:38, 13 October 2020 (UTC)
- We converted Monday. It's a terrible mess, but if you change your editing preferences to "source editor" it's a little more managable. --Gvsualan (talk) 17:53, 28 October 2020 (UTC)
- I appreciate the suggestion - my preferences had been defaulted to source editor previously, but apparently there are two source editors and it shunted me to the setting of the hybrid one. it's awful, you get a loading status that freezes and you can see it load one and then load another over it. terrible design, i can't imagine why they are making such blatant errors in interface code.
- i had considered going over to MA to announce a warning, but as a partially inactive admin i tread lightly, i don't want to cause too much drama. the analytics show edits have dropped by half, not sure if Fandom is going to acknowledge it publicly but they must be losing revenue over the loss of traffic (and the added burden of throughput loading bloat).
- thanks again, don't be a stranger -- captainmike 00:48, 29 October 2020 (UTC)